Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-31T12:50:46Z by KMooney
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5507 Posts

Pinned topic Think time

‏2013-01-29T17:08:53Z |
hi everyone,may be this question will be silly...
actully i recored one script ,it contains redirecting page,login,home and logout page.....
in login page i spent more than 10sec...but tool itz showing think time 200ms,after arrival homepage ,may be after 2sec i logout,but i am getting think time 12036ms....so my question is what is think time,is tool giving the correct value,dont say think time is user spent time on that screen,if in that case login page have 10sec,home page have 2sec...so is tool showing wrong value:)...you can also try just record login and logout....many experts are here,some one please clear my doubt?
Updated on 2013-01-31T12:50:46Z at 2013-01-31T12:50:46Z by KMooney
  • KMooney
    KMooney
    282 Posts

Re: Think time

‏2013-01-30T12:56:33Z  
    When looking at a page and the think time displayed it is best to consider it as time spent on the previous page.

At playback time it is used to determine when to send the first request for the page and that is done based on the think time and relative to the first character sent for the previous page.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5507 Posts

‏2013-01-30T15:21:14Z  
    • KMooney
    • ‏2013-01-30T12:56:33Z
    When looking at a page and the think time displayed it is best to consider it as time spent on the previous page.

At playback time it is used to determine when to send the first request for the page and that is done based on the think time and relative to the first character sent for the previous page.
    thanks kmooney,whatever is displaying in rpt for a page homepage think time 10s---->so that is think time for before page say loginpage....in my team we are not aware,we are editing thinktime for doing each testing....thanks for ur valuable information
  • KMooney
    KMooney
    282 Posts

‏2013-01-31T12:50:46Z  
    thanks kmooney,whatever is displaying in rpt for a page homepage think time 10s---->so that is think time for before page say loginpage....in my team we are not aware,we are editing thinktime for doing each testing....thanks for ur valuable information
    Glad to help. In addition to editing think time it can also be controlled more globally by the schedule editor in order to randomize, cap, scale or limit it.