• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-29T15:48:37Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Regarding WebSphere LTPA Based Authentication

‏2013-01-29T15:15:54Z |
Hi,

I have few queries regarding WebSphere LTPA Based Authentication.
Below are the details of my environment:
WL Studio 5.0.5 - Enterprise Edition on Win7
WL Server 5.0.5 - Enterprise Edition on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(Database - Apache Derby, Application server - WebSphere® Application Server Liberty Profile)

1. My query is whether with the above environment of WL Server and Studio I can implement a LTPA based authentication.

2. In the administration guide I read something like below:
IBM Worklight Server is installed behind a Web SSO acting as a reverse proxy and providing SSL.

I hope point 2 does not mean that we need to install WL Server on a Web Server that we are trying to access, which has Web SSO before it.

Thanks,
Baxi
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: Regarding WebSphere LTPA Based Authentication

‏2013-01-29T15:43:34Z  
    1. My query is whether with the above environment of WL Server and Studio I can implement a LTPA based authentication.
    Yes, with your current configuration you will be able to implement LTPA authentication just fine.
    IBM Worklight Server is installed behind a Web SSO acting as a reverse proxy and providing SSL.
    I'm assuming that there is a bit more context to this line... I don't think it applies to your current configuration. If you install Worklight on the environment you have described, you will be able to use LTPA based authentication.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: Regarding WebSphere LTPA Based Authentication

‏2013-01-29T15:48:37Z  
    Yes, with your current configuration you will be able to implement LTPA authentication just fine.
    I'm assuming that there is a bit more context to this line... I don't think it applies to your current configuration. If you install Worklight on the environment you have described, you will be able to use LTPA based authentication.
    Thanks for the quick response!