2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-29T15:48:37Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Regarding WebSphere LTPA Based Authentication

‏2013-01-29T15:15:54Z |
Hi,

I have few queries regarding WebSphere LTPA Based Authentication.
Below are the details of my environment:
WL Studio 5.0.5 - Enterprise Edition on Win7
WL Server 5.0.5 - Enterprise Edition on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(Database - Apache Derby, Application server - WebSphere® Application Server Liberty Profile)

1. My query is whether with the above environment of WL Server and Studio I can implement a LTPA based authentication.

2. In the administration guide I read something like below:
IBM Worklight Server is installed behind a Web SSO acting as a reverse proxy and providing SSL.

I hope point 2 does not mean that we need to install WL Server on a Web Server that we are trying to access, which has Web SSO before it.

Thanks,
Baxi
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Regarding WebSphere LTPA Based Authentication

‏2013-01-29T15:43:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    1. My query is whether with the above environment of WL Server and Studio I can implement a LTPA based authentication.
    Yes, with your current configuration you will be able to implement LTPA authentication just fine.
    2. In the administration guide I read something like below:
    IBM Worklight Server is installed behind a Web SSO acting as a reverse proxy and providing SSL.
    I'm assuming that there is a bit more context to this line... I don't think it applies to your current configuration. If you install Worklight on the environment you have described, you will be able to use LTPA based authentication.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2327 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Regarding WebSphere LTPA Based Authentication

‏2013-01-29T15:48:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the quick response!