Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T00:35:50Z by SystemAdmin
J49H_Joseph_george
J49H_Joseph_george
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WL opencamera

‏2013-01-29T01:02:13Z |
Hi There

I'm new here (hi everyone!) and using jquery mobile for WL hybrid project where am trying to connect to the camera and I am facing following issues

1) Once WL is deployed, it tries connects back to the server services and when it fails, the app crashes. Is there any way to stop this. This is for standalone case

2) Whenever, am trying use camera feature it throws
01-26 11:56:03.273: E/(403): can't open '/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.Test/cache/Pic.jpg' on the emulator
I run and deploy with <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
Still no luck

Appreciate all your kind help
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WL opencamera

‏2013-01-29T06:15:07Z  in response to J49H_Joseph_george
    Hey,

1) Make sure that in your_project\your_app\common\js\initOptions.js, connectOnStartup is set to 'false'.
    This will ensure that the application will not try to connect to the Worklight Server upon launch.

Why you get this error is unknown, we'd need more details on your setup as well as logs.

2) Have you tried to fully follow Cordova's sample of how to use the Camera?
    http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.0.0/cordova_camera_camera.md.html

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • J49H_Joseph_george
      J49H_Joseph_george
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-29T12:11:25Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Thanks Idan for the advice. Appreciate that.

With your suggested change, 1st error is gone.

For the second one, i have attached the AndroidManifest.xml, html and js, logs and screenshot for your kind reference.
      Kindly take a look and advice if am missing something here

Thanks and Regards
      Joseph

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        2327 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-08T00:35:50Z  in response to J49H_Joseph_george
        Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight