IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-01T17:32:37Z by andyh
andyh
andyh
20 Posts

Pinned topic Java VT_DISPATCH Exception When Recording Citrix Script

‏2013-01-28T18:05:21Z |
Hi,

When attempting to record a Citrix script we get the following exception in the RPT Error Log:

Unexpected Exception
com.ibm.rational.test.lt.recorder.core.internal.remote.agent.PortableException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Value has not the VT_DISPATCH type
at com.ibm.rational.test.lt.core.citrix.client.jvmImpl.OleAutomationWrapper.getObject(OleAutomationWrapper.java:344)

The Citrix recorder window opens and I can access the application within it, but no traffic is shown in the RPT recsession window until I close the citrix recorder when it shows a single data point. the generated script contains just a 'Logoff from ...' step.

We get the same symptoms whether recording using an ICA file or using the Citrix web interface.

Software versions:
Windows XP SP3
RPT 8.2.1.3
Citrix ICA Client / Online Plugin 12.3.0.8

I haven't been able to find any reference to this error, is it a problem that has been seen before?
Updated on 2013-02-01T17:32:37Z at 2013-02-01T17:32:37Z by andyh
  • andyh
    andyh
    20 Posts

Re: Java VT_DISPATCH Exception When Recording Citrix Script

‏2013-02-01T17:32:37Z  
    This problem now seems to have been solved.

We made two changes:

• Granted read/write access to the C:\Program Files\IBM... directories to the userid that
    normally runs RPT.
    • Recorded a Citrix test while logged on as a user with Administrator rights.

Once we had done both of these the 'normal' user was able to record and replay Citrix tests
    successfully. We're not sure whether both the changes were necessary or, if not, which one
    was the solution.