Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-28T20:19:01Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DB2 Data Studio Web Console 3.2 -

‏2013-01-28T16:51:21Z |
Today I was unable to access the DSWC Repository through the URL. I get a message saying I am not authorized. I use this id exclusively, the last time being yesterday.

The resolution to the issue was to stop and restart the Web Server and to stop and restart the DB2 Instance.

My questions are: what actually happened here? what caused this situation? why did this resolve the situation? Thinking about it after the fact I may have been OK with just restarting the Web Server - is that true?

I simply want to better understand the root cause to be able to avoid this in the future.
Updated on 2013-01-28T20:19:01Z at 2013-01-28T20:19:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DB2 Data Studio Web Console 3.2 -

‏2013-01-28T17:35:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,
    I assume you had selected "Reppsitory database authentication" from the Console Security page and specified the credentials to the Repository database on the Login page?
    If you can run the "collector.bat"(on Windows) or collector.sh( On Unix/Linux) under the "support" directory and send us the generated zip file,, it will help us figure out what may have caused the problem. The support dir is under the dir where you installed DSWC. So if you installed DSWC under C:\DSWC, the collector.bat/.sh is under C:\DSWC\support dir.

Thanks
    Dimple
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1632 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T19:29:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Here is the requested file.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1632 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T20:19:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Thanks for the files. From the log files, it seems like when then server was first started, it could not connect to the repository database. Hence internally we set a flag to indicate that we could not connect due to invalid credentials. DS_System (691) Jan 18, 2013 1:35:45 PM ERROR Test Connection Failed:
        com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: jcct4201311249http://3.63.138 Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: User ID or Password invalid. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000

and hence :
        DS_System (1088) Jan 18, 2013 2:46:29 PM WARNING Login Authorization Failure: for admin cause: com.ibm.datatools.user.auth.privileges.AuthServiceException: Credentials Invalid:Could not make connection to META_DB_CONNECTION_ID

Hence after that we do not attempt to connect the repository database to avoid lockout to the repository database.

and hence u were not able to login..
        ====================
        We do store the credentials in the metadb.properties file in the "Config" dir...so if this issues happens again, you can remove the metadb.properties file and then restart the server and then go the Configuration Repository page, enter the detail for the repos db and do a Test Connection to make sure we can connect and then click on "OK" button.

Dimple