Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-01T10:26:34Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Which framework files to be copied?

‏2013-01-28T15:35:02Z |
Hi
I am using Rhapsody Developer for C.
I designed a state chart and generated code.
I have to take this generated code (.h and .c files) and run them in my own environment. What I mean is this: I dont want to "run" the project in Rhapsody. I just want to generate code in Rhapsody and then put it in my own project which runs in a totally different environment.

Right now I am using the default oxf framework. How do I know, which framework files should I copy into my project environment (along with my .h and .c generated files)? For example, my generated .h file has a #include <Ric.h> statement which is a framework file. Which other files I need to include?
Updated on 2013-02-01T10:26:34Z at 2013-02-01T10:26:34Z by SystemAdmin
  • shanz9903
    shanz9903
    268 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Which framework files to be copied?

‏2013-01-28T17:31:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I would study the makefile and potentially add some echos to the makefilecontent property to print out all the includes and libraries.
  • WalterVanDerHeiden
    WalterVanDerHeiden
    56 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-30T09:16:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi RJadhav

The Rhapsody Framework and Rhapsody itself are designed to generate code and makefile so that you can build an application from Rhapsody for any compiler/RTOS/CPU. Some compilers are built-in (The larger ones like Windows/MS Windows/cygwin and VxWorks/PPC)
    My company creates adapters for Rhapsody in a slightly different way, we have something called deployer that automatically includes your code in an IDE project of choice.
    To see if we have something for you i have some questions:
    • Which environment are you using? (compiler, CPU, RTOS)
    • Which Version of Rhapsody do you have

greetings

Walter
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1305 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-01T10:25:01Z  in response to WalterVanDerHeiden
      Hi Walter,

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your questions:
      Ans 1: I am using Greenhills Multi2000 V850 in conjunction with Microsoft Visual Studio as our host environment. Till now all the code was handwritten. So my aim is to generate the code using Rhapsody and integrate it into this environment.

Ans 2: I am using Rhapsody versions 7.6.1 MR 2.

Looking forward to your reply.
      Cheers!
  • Yevo
    Yevo
    278 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-30T10:27:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,
    You don't need to copy any .h file into your project, just add <Rhapsody Shared files>/LangC, <Rhapsody Shared files>/LangC/oxf, <Rhapsody Shared files>/LangC/osconfig/<your environment name> paths to your project.

<Rhapsody Shared files> is something like C:\Rhapsody\Share
    <your environment name> is WIN32, or Cygwin, or Linux, or VxWorks , etc.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1305 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-01T10:26:34Z  in response to Yevo
      Hi Yevo,

Thank you for your reply.
      But my environment is totally different. It is a hardware in which i have to download my rhapsody generated code and get it running. Very similar to burning a code into a microcontroller.