Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T15:12:17Z by SystemAdmin
hansolobmxrider
hansolobmxrider
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IBM Tivoli Agent Builder

‏2013-01-28T13:55:47Z |
I have been developing an agent that retrieves values from a Cisco LAN Controller, however, I am unable to get any data back from the Cisco Controller. The agent builder seems to be using SNMPv1 to retrieve data, even when I specifically tell it to use SNMPv2c.

When I use a third party tool to retrieve the data (SNMPv2c) it returns the required data.

This behaviour has been verified with wireshark sniffing the traffic.

Why is the agent builder continually using SNMPv1 and not SNMPv2.

Any ideas??
Updated on 2013-03-15T15:12:17Z at 2013-03-15T15:12:17Z by SystemAdmin
  • richhock
    richhock
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM Tivoli Agent Builder

‏2013-01-29T14:50:29Z  in response to hansolobmxrider
    Are you seeing this when using the "Test" function inside the Agent Builder, or after the agent has been installed and started its normal ITM environment?
    • hansolobmxrider
      hansolobmxrider
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-01T16:27:50Z  in response to richhock
      This was when using the "Test" function inside the Agent builder.

I have got around the problem by using another tool to walk the MIBs and search for the values that I required.

Apparently it is a limitation with the product during building the agent that it can only use SNMP v1.

This is of course a problem if your network devices are using SNMPv2c or SNMPv3.
      • richhock
        richhock
        17 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-01T17:39:30Z  in response to hansolobmxrider
        I did find a problem with the Test function not correctly selecting the proper SNMP version. It should work correctly when deployed in an agent. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • CyLLleCTBo
    CyLLleCTBo
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T08:00:34Z  in response to hansolobmxrider
    Guys, I have the same problem. how it is possible to fix it? version of my agent builder is 6.2.3.1
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6056 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T15:12:17Z  in response to CyLLleCTBo
      The problem is fixed in IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3.0 Agent Builder, English, Multiplatform (CIGM4EN) which is now available on Passport Advantage.
      Installing the new agent builder does not result in any loss of work, projects or agents. The agents generated with the latest Agent Builder are also backward compatible with earlier infrastructure releases, so there is no need to upgrade your infrastructure.