• 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-30T12:18:25Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
938 Posts

Pinned topic DEST not recognizing my Websphere7 installation

‏2013-01-28T10:43:47Z |
Hi

I got an issue when running the DEST, It won't recognize that i have websphere installed.

I have a websphere7 server configured in RSA. But DEST say's ' Please install WebSphere Application Server v7.0.' and won't let me progress the installation of the development environment.

So in the 'Application server configuration' screen of the wizard, i can't choose a Profile or create a profile.
So how do i get the DEST to recognize my websphere installation, when the rest of RSA don't seem to have that problem ?

I use these versions: Win7, RSA8.0.3, MDM v.10.0, Websphere7
Updated on 2013-01-30T12:18:25Z at 2013-01-30T12:18:25Z by SystemAdmin
  • David_Radley
    David_Radley
    22 Posts

Re: DEST not recognizing my Websphere7 installation

‏2013-01-28T13:13:51Z  
    Hi,
    The first thing I would check is do you hgave RSA for WebSphere?
    When I did this I used WebSphere Test Environment for WebSphere v7 - I installed this in RSA for WAS and used this WAS. I do not think that DEST works with separately installed stand alone WAS. Is there a specific reason you have installed a stand aloe WebSphere?
    I hope this helps,
    regards David.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-01-29T10:00:11Z  
    Hi,
    The first thing I would check is do you hgave RSA for WebSphere?
    When I did this I used WebSphere Test Environment for WebSphere v7 - I installed this in RSA for WAS and used this WAS. I do not think that DEST works with separately installed stand alone WAS. Is there a specific reason you have installed a stand aloe WebSphere?
    I hope this helps,
    regards David.
    Hi
    Thanks for the response :-)

I got IBM RSA for Websphere Software 8.0.3
    But in the installation you can't install a Test Environment for websphere v7.0. So thats why i got a seperate server installation. The server was just copied from another machine and placed in the same folders, and seem to run ok, except when running the DEST for the development setup, where it can't locate the WAS7.0 server.
  • David_Radley
    David_Radley
    22 Posts

‏2013-01-29T10:57:35Z  
    Hi
    Thanks for the response :-)

I got IBM RSA for Websphere Software 8.0.3
    But in the installation you can't install a Test Environment for websphere v7.0. So thats why i got a seperate server installation. The server was just copied from another machine and placed in the same folders, and seem to run ok, except when running the DEST for the development setup, where it can't locate the WAS7.0 server.
    Hi,
    I have checked my installation manager and see the following installed:
    IBM® Rational® Software Architect for WebSphere Software 8.0.4.1
    IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management Server Workbench 10.0.0
    IBM® WebSphere® Application Server V6.1 (32-bit) Test Environment 6.1.0.45
    IBM® WebSphere® Application Server V7 (32-bit) Test Environment 7.0.0.25

You will need to ensure that you have the WAS v7 test environment in your install repository and then install that feature. Then you should be able to add a WebSphere Test Environment v7 server in RSA and DEST should then beableto install to that server.
    I hope this helps, David.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-01-29T12:47:31Z  
    Hi,
    I have checked my installation manager and see the following installed:
    IBM® Rational® Software Architect for WebSphere Software 8.0.4.1
    IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management Server Workbench 10.0.0
    IBM® WebSphere® Application Server V6.1 (32-bit) Test Environment 6.1.0.45
    IBM® WebSphere® Application Server V7 (32-bit) Test Environment 7.0.0.25

You will need to ensure that you have the WAS v7 test environment in your install repository and then install that feature. Then you should be able to add a WebSphere Test Environment v7 server in RSA and DEST should then beableto install to that server.
    I hope this helps, David.
    Thanks again David

And yes it's probably because i didn't install the test env. using Installation Manager.

So now i just ned to know where to download the : IBM® WebSphere® Application Server V7 (32-bit) Test Environment 7.0.0.xx
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-01-30T10:14:23Z  
    Thanks again David

And yes it's probably because i didn't install the test env. using Installation Manager.

So now i just ned to know where to download the : IBM® WebSphere® Application Server V7 (32-bit) Test Environment 7.0.0.xx
    Hi

I got this downloaded installed and now it works :-)

But now when DEST runs i get this error:
    BUILD FAILED
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:222: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:290: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:327: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:343: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\WAS_build.xml:140: Error while expanding C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\Temp\DEST\unpack\MDM\WAS.jar
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Temp\DEST\unpack\MDM\WAS.jar (The system cannot find the path specified.)
    When envestigating i can see that the was.jar is not present in the directory and not in the distribution.tar file that should contain it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-01-30T11:23:08Z  
    Hi

I got this downloaded installed and now it works :-)

But now when DEST runs i get this error:
    BUILD FAILED
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:222: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:290: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:327: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:343: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\mdm-10-svn-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\WAS_build.xml:140: Error while expanding C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\Temp\DEST\unpack\MDM\WAS.jar
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Temp\DEST\unpack\MDM\WAS.jar (The system cannot find the path specified.)
    When envestigating i can see that the was.jar is not present in the directory and not in the distribution.tar file that should contain it.
    Are you using the MDM1000_WAS_AIX.tar.gz distribution file?

There's an FAQ with some things to watch out for on Windows 7 and a YouTube video of running through the DEST wizard which may help:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wiki/W2c3ebf603f05_4460_8e8b_a26780b35b45/page/MDM%20Workbench%20FAQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-pK6JsFe1Q&feature=share&list=PL5BD31C066BDF2064
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-01-30T11:41:29Z  
    Are you using the MDM1000_WAS_AIX.tar.gz distribution file?

There's an FAQ with some things to watch out for on Windows 7 and a YouTube video of running through the DEST wizard which may help:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wiki/W2c3ebf603f05_4460_8e8b_a26780b35b45/page/MDM%20Workbench%20FAQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-pK6JsFe1Q&feature=share&list=PL5BD31C066BDF2064
    Hi

In my distribution the file is called : IS_MDM_SVR_FOR_WAS_V10.0.tar.gz

I got the distribution dir called: 'MDM_V10.0 Install Documentation and Application'
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-01-30T11:52:51Z  
    Hi

In my distribution the file is called : IS_MDM_SVR_FOR_WAS_V10.0.tar.gz

I got the distribution dir called: 'MDM_V10.0 Install Documentation and Application'
    That doesn't seem right to me. What's in it? It should have something like the following inside...

launchpad/
    Launchpadd.app/
    License/
    MDM/
    MDMDocuments/
    Notices/
    sampleProduct/
    KnownIssues-MDM1000_WAS_AIX.htm
    ReadMe-MDM1000_WAS_AIX.htm
    autorun.inf
    launchpad.ini
    launchpad.sh

What part number did it come from?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-01-30T12:00:24Z  
    That doesn't seem right to me. What's in it? It should have something like the following inside...

launchpad/
    Launchpadd.app/
    License/
    MDM/
    MDMDocuments/
    Notices/
    sampleProduct/
    KnownIssues-MDM1000_WAS_AIX.htm
    ReadMe-MDM1000_WAS_AIX.htm
    autorun.inf
    launchpad.ini
    launchpad.sh

What part number did it come from?
    Hi

Thanks for the quick response.

It looks like someone provided me with something wrong. I will try and find a correct version.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-01-30T12:18:25Z  
    Hi

Thanks for the quick response.

It looks like someone provided me with something wrong. I will try and find a correct version.
    Ok the file i had(IS_MDM_SVR_FOR_WAS_V10.0.tar.gz) just needed to be unpacked, and inside this i found the correct MDM1000_WAS_AIX.tar.gz file..