4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-29T14:39:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Notify Reports That Are Currently Executing

‏2013-01-26T23:48:15Z |
We are using cognos 10.1 version.

Is there a way to send email when the reports are currently executing for more that 35 mins in event studio or report studio.

I have some report running more that 35 mins. So i want to send a email to the user that following reports are been still beeing running.

what i have tried is that in the event studio, from the Audit package in the run reports query i have added the (execution time *0.001) > 2700 in the event and in the task specifed the email and added the table to display values.

but in the status field it not showing execution/ running.

how can i achieve this?
Thanks for all you help!!
Updated on 2013-01-29T14:39:58Z at 2013-01-29T14:39:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • neni
    neni
    42 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Notify Reports That Are Currently Executing

‏2013-01-28T16:47:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In COGNOS Audit the status filed gives only two values('SUCCESS','FAILURE') and it doesn't contain anything like in progress.

You need to check in the DB frequently for active sessions & Duration of the session from COGNOS.
    One way to do it create report based “gv$session”(Oracle DB) table to check for active session by filtering for COGNOS user ID used in the data source connections in COGNOS . You can schedule the report to run frequently and create an event based on whatever the condition you like to notify the appropriate users.
    let me know if oyu have any questions
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      15496 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T20:57:08Z  in response to neni
      Hi neni,

Can you please let me know the steps how to do it.

Thank you for your help.
      • neni
        neni
        42 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-29T14:15:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Step 1) you need to modify the CQEconfig.xml to enable the comments for native & COGNOS SQL.
        follow the below link for details.
        http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/c8bi/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_cra.8.4.0.doc/ug_cra_id7554Add_Comments_Native_CognosSQL.html

once you do this check the generated SQL and you will be able to capture the user ID, report name, Report location, Package name etc.

Step 2) you need to ask your DBA to provide necessary permission for you to be able to query the necessary table related to the session information in database.
        Step3)
        Option 1)to create the report you can create a model & package and publish to congos connection. then you can use this package to create the report or else you can add these tables to the audit package.
        Option 2) you can use the SQL directly inside CONGOS report instead of importing those tables and applying necessary logic inside query subject to determine the session status & duration etc.. and creating a package

Whcih database are you using.

Thanks
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          15496 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-29T14:39:58Z  in response to neni
          Hi neni,

Thanks for the reply.

I will try this today. We are using SQL Server.

Thanks,
          Sandy.