Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-20T15:07:18Z by Katherine Sanders
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1250 Posts

Pinned topic Studio couln't connect to sftp

‏2013-01-25T21:15:21Z |
Hi,everyone. I got the "can't connect to ftp endpoint" error when Cast Iron try to connect to a sftp endpoint. I got the host name which is an IP address, and the port, username and also password. But with all these I can't connect to this endpoint. When I tried with FileZilla it works great. So my question is do I need to add the public key or private key to studio? How can I add them? Or do I need to do something at the sftp side? I've been tried to find a solution for almost a whole day but I still can't figure it out. And there's nothing I can do if I can't connect to this endpoint. Can anyone help me on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Updated on 2013-01-29T14:31:54Z at 2013-01-29T14:31:54Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

Re: Studio couln't connect to sftp

‏2013-01-25T21:41:56Z  
    I have used sftp in a couple of implementations without problems. Today, after seeing your message, I confirmed access to a server using sftp from both studio versions 6.1.0.9 and 6.3. I tested the endpoint and also verified a List Files activity. I have experienced connectivity issues in the past from my desktop due to "endpoint protection" software.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2013-01-29T14:31:54Z  
    I have used sftp in a couple of implementations without problems. Today, after seeing your message, I confirmed access to a server using sftp from both studio versions 6.1.0.9 and 6.3. I tested the endpoint and also verified a List Files activity. I have experienced connectivity issues in the past from my desktop due to "endpoint protection" software.
    Hi, Peachy. Thanks for your reply. Seems like this sftp using ssh but need to import a certificate. I'm wondering how I to do that. Because in Cast Iron Studio secure ftp seems like can't import certificate, that option only available for SSL/TLS. Did you have this issue before? This almost drive me crazy, I can't move forward without this endpoint connection.Thank you so much.
  • darvz03
    darvz03
    8 Posts

‏2014-05-13T06:50:05Z  
    Hi, Peachy. Thanks for your reply. Seems like this sftp using ssh but need to import a certificate. I'm wondering how I to do that. Because in Cast Iron Studio secure ftp seems like can't import certificate, that option only available for SSL/TLS. Did you have this issue before? This almost drive me crazy, I can't move forward without this endpoint connection.Thank you so much.

Hi Guys,

Did you get this working?  I also have similar issue.

• Katherine Sanders
    Katherine Sanders
    47 Posts

‏2014-05-20T15:07:18Z  
    • darvz03
    • ‏2014-05-13T06:50:05Z

Hi Guys,

Did you get this working?  I also have similar issue.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wci/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.wci.doc/ftp_create_edit_endpoint.html

Note: Certificate authentication for SFTP is not supported.