Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-02-03T22:40:14Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
214 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Log Files - trying to get a history of when Cognos has crashed

‏2013-01-25T18:30:11Z |
I thought this wouldn't be an issue. Again I'm stumped. I'm trying to check the log files to see when Cognos has crashed.
1. The log files in Express Manager > Events Messages Panel don't show when Cognos crashed. It shows when Cognos was backed up (stopped and started) but not crashed. I know this because I know that Cognos has crashed and the events are not listed.

2. the Express Manager > Manager > View Logs aren't any better.

3. I went to logs\express\ExpressDiagnostic.xml and the level is set to "Warning".
(http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cx/v9r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ig_exprss.9.0.0.doc%2Fig_exprss_i_LogFiles.html)

4. Looking further I went to logs\express\express.log and found something that may be what I'm looking for: "The IBM Cognos Express service has started successfully."

There is no entry indicating that Cognos has stopped unexpectedly but as these entries are infrequent and are not at a scheduled time it appears to be what I'm looking for. But, even if this is it there is no stated error log indicating why Cognos crashed.

Again, TIA.
Updated on 2013-02-03T22:40:14Z at 2013-02-03T22:40:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    214 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Log Files - trying to get a history of when Cognos has crashed

‏2013-02-03T22:40:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Glibert,

Also try the file cogserver.log in the directory <cognos install path>\logs, this should be one level up from the directory containing the express.log file.

Hope this helps.

Rod