3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T22:04:26Z by Jacek_Laskowski
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WAS Liberty Profile 8.5 OSGI EE Maven support

‏2013-01-25T11:52:28Z |
Hi.
I was wondering whether a Maven pom.xml driven OSGI EE module is currently possible such that the OSGI application can be built and tested within the Eclipse/RAD tooling as well as external to it via a Maven build process?
For example are there techniques or support for ...
-An OSGI Maven Archetype (or Eclipse Wizard) for building an Liberty Profile OSGI EE application that includes a default pom.xml?
-An extension of M2E-WTP (or alike) to cater for Eclipse workspace synchronisation between OSGI workspace and Maven artifacts?

Cheers.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WAS Liberty Profile 8.5 OSGI EE Maven support

‏2013-01-25T21:08:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The support the you are asking for is not available in a product that IBM ships.
    But it well aligns with our priorities.
    We are currently investigating support for Maven pom.xml first OSGi modules.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      590 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-12T12:12:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Appreciate the nicely worded response. It convinced me to be patient.
      I had a quick look at what was rolled into the latest (11-Feb-2013) WDT beta and it looks like it addresses the original posts objective.
      This should facilitate improved automation and continuous delivery aspects between OSGI bundles and Liberty runtimes across environments so thanks for the neat feature!

Cheers.
      • Jacek_Laskowski
        Jacek_Laskowski
        133 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T22:04:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

A bit off-topic, but couldn't resist...

The so-well-worded question and the response(s) improved my English so much that just for this very exact purpose (mastering English) I'll keep lurking here a bit longer :-) Thank you!

Jacek
        Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt