• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-27T00:50:51Z by DaveQ
Williamc1977
Williamc1977
4 Posts

Pinned topic Part Finders Weblink for Xseries

‏2013-01-24T23:02:26Z |
Hi Guys

I'm going back to working on IBM X series (old) servers on my new job, around 5 years ago there was a weblink where you input part number and the result will show you the Part FRU or Option number. It also will tell you the the description of that part number and then tell you what option number or FRU numbers you can use instead.

This is for mostly Memorys but i think it will work for hard drives aswell. Does anyone know what the website is as i can not find it anymore

Thanks for your help

William
Updated on 2013-01-27T00:50:51Z at 2013-01-27T00:50:51Z by DaveQ
  • DaveQ
    DaveQ
    132 Posts

Re: Part Finders Weblink for Xseries

‏2013-01-25T19:55:39Z  
    This should help.

Depending on the age of the server they will either be listed in the current catalogue or "Older Servers".

IBM ServerProven for System x for Older Servers
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/oldservers.html

IBM ServerProven for System x
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/indexsp.html
  • Williamc1977
    Williamc1977
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-25T22:56:14Z  
    • DaveQ
    • ‏2013-01-25T19:55:39Z
    This should help.

Depending on the age of the server they will either be listed in the current catalogue or "Older Servers".

IBM ServerProven for System x for Older Servers
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/oldservers.html

IBM ServerProven for System x
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/indexsp.html
    Hi Dave

Thanks for the weblink. I already have this weblink. Isn't there a Lenovo website before where it gives me more information, where i input the part number into it and it gives me the option number for the memory kit's and FRU numbers??
  • DaveQ
    DaveQ
    132 Posts

‏2013-01-26T00:33:30Z  
    Hi Dave

Thanks for the weblink. I already have this weblink. Isn't there a Lenovo website before where it gives me more information, where i input the part number into it and it gives me the option number for the memory kit's and FRU numbers??
    Lenovo is for their own products. If you want xSeries/System x products that would be IBM.

The ServerProven web site will do what you're looking for and is what you need to use to ensure supported parts are listed for your machine type. Just search by your machine type and the compatible parts (such as memory kits) will be listed.

Example: Via the Older Servers link, in the "Go to: xSeries Servers" drop-down, selecting "x3550 (7879)" brings you to the page with all of the parts compatible for that model server. Memory would be listed under System Upgrades. Each item then has its own page with more information. Part numbers are listed in many places throughout the process.
  • Williamc1977
    Williamc1977
    4 Posts

‏2013-01-26T23:19:45Z  
    • DaveQ
    • ‏2013-01-26T00:33:30Z
    Lenovo is for their own products. If you want xSeries/System x products that would be IBM.

The ServerProven web site will do what you're looking for and is what you need to use to ensure supported parts are listed for your machine type. Just search by your machine type and the compatible parts (such as memory kits) will be listed.

Example: Via the Older Servers link, in the "Go to: xSeries Servers" drop-down, selecting "x3550 (7879)" brings you to the page with all of the parts compatible for that model server. Memory would be listed under System Upgrades. Each item then has its own page with more information. Part numbers are listed in many places throughout the process.
    Thanks for getting back to me Dave

Like i have mention that i do have that weblink already and was just trying to find a website i had over 5 years ago for part list. This weblink is for alternative part numbers i can use instead of the one that i want to search for like option numbers. I know that over 5 years ago i think that Lenovo did have a part list for x series servers where like i type in the option number and then it will show me of a result where i can use alternatives numbers. The website like HP partsurfer..

Anyway.. thanks for the help.. I guess i have to look deeper to find it, If it's still around now

William
  • DaveQ
    DaveQ
    132 Posts

‏2013-01-27T00:50:51Z  
    Thanks for getting back to me Dave

Like i have mention that i do have that weblink already and was just trying to find a website i had over 5 years ago for part list. This weblink is for alternative part numbers i can use instead of the one that i want to search for like option numbers. I know that over 5 years ago i think that Lenovo did have a part list for x series servers where like i type in the option number and then it will show me of a result where i can use alternatives numbers. The website like HP partsurfer..

Anyway.. thanks for the help.. I guess i have to look deeper to find it, If it's still around now

William
    On ServerProven, just look up the machine type from the drop-down list (all IBM servers have a machine type), and it will give you the parts list for that model server...

Lenovo never sold xSeries (that's an IBM brand); it is an entirely different company, not applicable for anything xSeries or System x.

Good luck in your search, but I believe you will need to use ServerProven. It seems more than adequate for looking up parts relevant to a particular server model.