Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-10T21:18:05Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1250 Posts

Pinned topic Salesforce Activities not Working on Appliance

‏2013-01-24T20:35:10Z |
I am currently having a problem with my Salesforce.com activities.

In studio, I have the Salesforce.com activity GetUserInfo; the endpoint tests successfully, and when I verify the activity it completes and returns the proper information.

When I deploy my project to the web console, my project gives the following error:
Unable to connect to Salesforce.com after 5 attempts. Error is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out.

I also tried using the login method from the Enterprise WSDL to get the information, but I am having the same issue with the connection timing out, the error for that one is:
Error sending SOAP request to location: https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/26.0/0DF6000000006Uq. Error is: Connection timed out

Any suggestions as to why this is happening are greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Updated on 2013-02-10T21:18:05Z at 2013-02-10T21:18:05Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

Re: Salesforce Activities not Working on Appliance

‏2013-01-24T21:07:42Z  
    If you run the CLI command "net ping login.salesforce.com" does it say that it is alive and responding? Is your firewall allowing outbound HTTPS requests from your appliance?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2013-01-30T17:55:45Z  
    If you run the CLI command "net ping login.salesforce.com" does it say that it is alive and responding? Is your firewall allowing outbound HTTPS requests from your appliance?
    Hi Paul,

Salesforce seems to be responding, both in the sandbox and in production.

As far as the firewall goes I am not sure, I am fairly new to this. I do know that there are other orchestrations built that connect to salesforce using the activities from studio just fine. I am thinking it might be a permission setting in salesforce?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1250 Posts

‏2013-02-10T21:18:05Z  
    Hi Paul,

Salesforce seems to be responding, both in the sandbox and in production.

As far as the firewall goes I am not sure, I am fairly new to this. I do know that there are other orchestrations built that connect to salesforce using the activities from studio just fine. I am thinking it might be a permission setting in salesforce?
    Salesforce may be responding to requests from the machine you are running Studio on, but possibly not from the appliance, since the appliance may be getting blocked from accessing Salesforce (or other external hosts for that matter).

Logging in to the CLI on the appliance that hosts the WMC you deployed your project to and attempting to ping the Salesforce login page using the CLI can help you determine if the appliance is getting blocked.

You can always check the Salesforce login history to see if the Salesforce user / IP the orchestration is using to connect with has been able to login. If it is able to login, you may also try setting up a Debug Log for that user in Salesforce and try to connect again to see where it may be failing.

I believe if it were a permissions issue, you may be getting a different error than Connection timed out.