Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-25T17:07:50Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DB2 Data Studio Web Console 3.2 - Blackout Event

‏2013-01-24T20:08:15Z |
I am trying to schedule Blackout Event for a Database and per the online help there should be an option in the Databases tab for this, however that does not appear.

When accessing the Blackout Events tab in the Web Console nothing appears - no data, no options, no nothing.

I have seen in the Alert Configuration tab the ability to schedule a Blackout Event. I did so but again never see anything in the Blackout Events tab.

Is this a known problem?
Updated on 2013-01-25T17:07:50Z at 2013-01-25T17:07:50Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DB2 Data Studio Web Console 3.2 - Blackout Event

‏2013-01-24T21:19:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi JJGritmon,

The blackout on the Alert configuration (or should it be Alert Notification tab?)
    is not referring to the blackout in the Blacout Event tab. It's about suspending
    the notification during certain timeframe (hence blackout certain time for the alert
    notification). The Blackout Event tab is for user to set up the blackout time
    on the database so that other Optim tool such as OPM, OCM that uses DSWC mechanism to
    connect to the database will not be allowed to access this database, the purpose is to
    allow the DBA to do some maintenance on the database during the blackout timeframe or
    maybe do emergency cleanup without interruption from other tools.

If you are on Database tab, you could click on the Help, and scroll down, it should have
    a link to Blackout Event help information. To schedule a Blackout Event for the database,
    you need to create it from Blackout Event tab by clicking on "Schedule a Blackout Event",
    or if you are in Database tab, select one or more databases, then click Blackout --> Schedule
    that should bring you to the Blackout Event tab. Please let me know if you still have
    questions regarding to this

Thanks,
    Hsin-Liang
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1632 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T15:31:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you for your reply. We have solved the issue.

It turns out it was a browser issue. I was running IE 9 on Windows 7 Enterprice SP1 when it did not function correctly. I switched to Mozilla Firefox 18.0.1 and it worked fine. I also tested it on Chrome 24 and it worked fine. My colleague tried on IE 8 on Windows XP and he experienced the same issue that I did.

The issue was when selecting the Blackout tab, the tab appeared with a blank screen with no options.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1632 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T17:07:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,
        I see. It might be the IE8/IE9 has the IE7 compatibility mode on that
        caused the problem. On IE, Press F12 (or from menu, Tools--> Developer Tools)
        and on the top of the Developer Tools, check if it has IE8 or IE9 as browser
        mode instead of IE7. That would probably solve the problem. :)