Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-12T20:17:41Z by cognos78
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
658 Posts

Pinned topic Not able to Edit data in a Websheet in TM1 Application

‏2013-01-24T17:02:12Z |
We have TM1 10.1.1 installed. A websheet created in Excel works perfectly in Perspectives and TM1 Web however when put to TM1 Application, users can not edit data, everything is greyed out. Data displays just fine but where they need to input is not available. This also applies to the Admin.

If an Active Form is created, this seems to work ok however in this implementation, Active Forms aren't feasible due to required formatting as well as the data to be accessed. I've tried both DBRW and DBR with no difference (as expected).

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Updated on 2013-01-25T13:50:40Z at 2013-01-25T13:50:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

Re: Not able to Edit data in a Websheet in TM1 Application

‏2013-01-24T22:34:00Z  
    Hi DGW,

Have you enabled the application for write back from the web?

You can check this by right clicking the object in the application folder and selecting properties. One the Display tab, ensure the box "Allow Cell Write Back from Web" has been checked.

Hope this helps.

Rod
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2013-01-25T13:50:40Z  
    Hi DGW,

Have you enabled the application for write back from the web?

You can check this by right clicking the object in the application folder and selecting properties. One the Display tab, ensure the box "Allow Cell Write Back from Web" has been checked.

Hope this helps.

Rod
    Rod,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the 'Allow Cell Write Back from Web' is activated. As mentioned in my first post, I'm able to edit from the websheet in TM1 Web, just not TM1 Application (Contributor). I have now found through additional testing that if I create a websheet with leaf elements only, I'm able to edit however the minute I add a line at a consolidation level, all of the previously editable leaf elements become blocked.

Dean
  • cognos78
    cognos78
    3 Posts

‏2014-03-12T20:17:41Z  
    Rod,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the 'Allow Cell Write Back from Web' is activated. As mentioned in my first post, I'm able to edit from the websheet in TM1 Web, just not TM1 Application (Contributor). I have now found through additional testing that if I create a websheet with leaf elements only, I'm able to edit however the minute I add a line at a consolidation level, all of the previously editable leaf elements become blocked.

Dean

Recently upgraded to 10.2

We are also having a similar problem. As an admin and with test user id, I was able to enter the data and commit. But all my end users are having the same issue. Anything they enter in the websheet is not retained and lost.  Any updates?