SystemAdmin
5507 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Bank application

‏2013-01-24T13:32:45Z |
hi,
I need a help reagrading datapool access:

suppose i having the bank account like 555412
when i login in the application through rpt run,i has pick my account number from the datapool ,suppose if another user login he will not pick my account number,he has to pick his account.Please suugest ideas ,this is http test only.thanks for your help
Updated on 2013-01-28T12:52:03Z at 2013-01-28T12:52:03Z by KMooney
  • KMooney
    KMooney
    259 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Bank application

‏2013-01-24T13:41:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    That scenario is exactly where a datapool will provide exactly the functionality you want.

Try recording a test where you make a search using yahoo. Then specify the search string is to come from a datapool. Add three unique strings to the datapool. Playback the test in a schedule with three users and test log level set to All/All/All. After playback finishes open the test log and verify each user performed a unique search using one of the strings in the datapool.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5507 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-24T14:09:30Z  in response to KMooney
      thanks for your reply,may be for 3user it will work,suppose if i am running for 100user,i dont know
      which user will login through at that time what shall i do?
      • KMooney
        KMooney
        259 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T12:52:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Whether 3 or 100 makes no difference as long as the datapool has sufficient rows (ie 3, 100, 1000) for the number of virtual users running. The precise order in which the execution occurs cannot be predicted. So if there is one user group with 100 users user number 41, User Group 1 0000041, might submit a request with credentials from row 7 of the datapool before any other user. What is predictable is that each virtual user will have unique values as supplied by the datapool as long as there are sufficient rows in the datapool.

The requirement for unique values often is driven by the back end. For example, a database may be driving the requirement because it requires unique data from each user. What is most helpful is to have a test environment where you can roll back the back end system to a known state and then conduct the tes againt. In addition to RPT logging that can verify proper datapool usage by examining the request sent to the server in the test log of sampled users the back end likely can be examined as well to verify proper results on the System Under Test. If the test requires some debugging then you need a way to roll back the back end / System Under Test to a known state, fix the test, and then playback the test again.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          5507 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T04:08:17Z  in response to KMooney
          Actually kmooney,i think u didnt understand my questio properly,i knew how datapool works,i want control the datapool value based on user.see suppose you have some three account in a bank,
          like wise some 100user,so datapool contain 300 values,my question is whenever you login,
          it has to pick only your account number from the 300 values in the datapool,
          suppose if i login ,i cant pick your account
          number,i have to pick my account number ,this is my question?is that possible?,thanks for your reply
          • KMooney
            KMooney
            259 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T12:52:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            No, that is not a supported use of RPT datapools. Sequential access means the rows are read in order.

Usually, input provided by the user causes a directed response from the SUT. That's why user credentials may be associated with other specific user data that is related and belongs together on a datapool row.

With Custom Code it is possible to analyze the response from the SUT and then read data in any way desired from any file in order to return a desired value from the Custom Code. The return of Custom Code can be provided as input in a subsequent request.