1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-01-25T18:03:04Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Change project type and project settings

‏2013-01-24T11:32:25Z |
Hi,
I need to start a new project and I will generate code out of it.
I still don't know the features of my target (architecture, operating system, target language (C vs C++)).
Is it possible to change the project type and the project settings once I have already defined my diagrams?
In particular: is it possible to migrate the models from the default C++ profile to the functionalC profile? If I decide to go for the functionalC since the beginning, is it possible to migrate to MicroC when I realize that I need the MicroC features? Is the migration progress straightforward or does it require to redraw the model?

I think it would be a nice feature to be able to model your system without having to choose since the beginning which programming language or execution framework to use.
Updated on 2013-01-25T18:03:04Z at 2013-01-25T18:03:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Change project type and project settings

‏2013-01-25T18:03:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I think I found myself the answer to my questions.
    Changing the language of the project can be done using "Units". Please refer to the section "Project migration and multi-language projects" in the Rhapsody User guide for details.
    Switching the applied profile is instead more tricky. My understanding is that once you select a profile during the project creation, Rhapsody automatically applies the stereotypes defined in the profile to the involved elements (e.g., when using the microC profile, the microC stereotype is set to the component configuration, so that the microC-specific configurations are available to the user). Apply or change the profile used in a project hence requires two steps:
    -the profile we want to use must be available in the project browser. Use File->Add Profile_to_Model to import the profile of interest
    -the stereotypes of the profile must be set on the model elements for which we want to use the specialization available in the profile.
    So, back to my question of migrating from functionalC to microC profile, I should import the microC profile, and then apply the stereotypes of the microC profile to the involved elements; in some cases, this will replace the stereotypes of the functionalC profile.