Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-29T14:15:20Z by kenhygh
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic Transaction Id for request generated by Results Asynchronous

‏2013-01-24T08:10:24Z |
I have a particular scenario where I have to receive a request from client and send back response immediately as an acknowledgement. In the response rule back to the client I fire off a new request to Datapower using Results Asynchronous. I can easily get the transaction id for the current transaction. What I also need is the transaction id of the new request in this response rule to be sent back with the acknowledgement.
Updated on 2013-01-29T14:15:20Z at 2013-01-29T14:15:20Z by kenhygh
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1607 Posts

Re: Transaction Id for request generated by Results Asynchronous

‏2013-01-24T10:57:45Z  
    I don't think you're going to get a transaction ID for a transaction that has not yet started.

If you need some kind of identifier that follows a request through various services, the typical solution is to inject a header of some sort. I often use DataPower's generate-uuid() function to create a UUID, then put it in a header. Downstream services and systems can then output that header in their logs for traceability.

Ken
  • msiebler
    msiebler
    140 Posts

‏2013-01-24T10:57:55Z  
    There isn't a way to get that; so I am not sure if this is the best way to solve your problem.
    Also; be careful when using async actions; it is an easy way to make the DataPower box run OoM (outofmemory)
    You need to use SLM to manage the number of total concurrent async actions
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2013-01-29T13:44:37Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2013-01-24T10:57:45Z
    I don't think you're going to get a transaction ID for a transaction that has not yet started.

If you need some kind of identifier that follows a request through various services, the typical solution is to inject a header of some sort. I often use DataPower's generate-uuid() function to create a UUID, then put it in a header. Downstream services and systems can then output that header in their logs for traceability.

Ken

server ----> Results Async ----> Transformation -----> Client

The processing rule for the response contains the above in the sequence as shown. I hope to get the transaction Id since I am firing off the new request in the Results Async block before generating the acknowledgement in the Transformation block. Is there a chance if this is the case? :)
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1607 Posts

‏2013-01-29T14:15:20Z  

server ----> Results Async ----> Transformation -----> Client

The processing rule for the response contains the above in the sequence as shown. I hope to get the transaction Id since I am firing off the new request in the Results Async block before generating the acknowledgement in the Transformation block. Is there a chance if this is the case? :)
    Get the current transaction id, no problem. Get the transaction id of the transaction called by the results async, no way.

Ken