12 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-07T20:59:05Z by SystemAdmin
laxmi87
laxmi87
71 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Start Adhoc Event issue "NO_PERMISSION"

‏2013-01-24T01:14:39Z |
Hi All,

I am getting following exception when I am invoking adhoc event from ajax service could some one please help me out. I am using 7.2 version.
"message":"NO_PERMISSION",
"exceptionType":"com.lombardisoftware.core.TeamWorksException","stackTrace":"com.lombardisoftware.core.TeamWorksException: NO_PERMISSION\n at com.lombardisoftware.server.ejb.psapi.RoutingAPIFacadeCore.routeToken(RoutingAPIFacadeCore.java:102)\n at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)\n at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)\n at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java...

Thanks,
Laxmi.
Updated on 2013-02-07T20:59:05Z at 2013-02-07T20:59:05Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Start Adhoc Event issue "NO_PERMISSION"

‏2013-01-24T17:04:20Z  in response to laxmi87
    What is the actual call you are trying to make?

Note this from the Info center -

Important: The 99Local.xml configuration file includes settings that restrict access to certain actions on BPDs and tasks. Users who perform ad hoc actions must be assigned to the security group associated with the ACTION_INJECT_TOKEN function.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r0m1/topic/com.ibm.wbpm.wle.editor.doc/modeling/topic/using_adhoc_events.html?resultof=%22%41%64%22%20%22%61%64%22%20%22%48%6f%63%22%20%22%68%6f%63%22%20%22%65%76%65%6e%74%22%20

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
    • laxmi87
      laxmi87
      71 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-24T17:14:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi AndrewPaier,

Thanks for your reponse.

I am invoking start adhoc event from ajax service. I am calling the ajax service from external page. Could you please briefly explain about the changes to be made in 99Local.xml.

Thanks,
      Laxmi.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-24T18:57:35Z  in response to laxmi87
        I've understood that you are making an AJAX call. Is that call making a call to the REST-API or to some service? If it is the REST API, what method are you invoking. If it is to a service you created, what are you doing in that service.

The referenced item in the Info Center basically tells you what you need to do. If you are making this call with a user context of some sort, that user needs to be in a group that has is listed as being permitted to execute a inject token action. This presents random users creating ad hoc events that they are not supposed to be invoking.

• laxmi87
          laxmi87
          71 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T04:27:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Andrew,

I have modified the 99Custom.xml. But still i face the same issue. COuld you please help me out in this, I am 7.2.0.4 version.

Thanks in Advance.
          Thanks,
          Laxmi.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            7615 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T17:28:31Z  in response to laxmi87
            I can try to help but you really need to answer the questions in the thread -

You mentioned that you are making "An AJAX call" but what is that call actually doing? It could be any number of things, each of which have different issues - Are you call the REST API from a different technology? Are you trying to invoke a TW Service as an ajax call? If so what is that code doing? Basically in order to help you we need to understand what you are actually doing. Without that we can't figure out where the item is failing.
            • laxmi87
              laxmi87
              71 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-29T13:15:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hi Andrew,

Sorry for not mentioning clearly. I am calling it from a jsp page in following location.
              (portal.war.ear/portal.war/jsp/tiles/mypage.jsp).

In this JSP i am calling js file(myjs.js) from following location (teamworks.ear/teamworks.war/script).
              In js file i am calling ajax service(myajaxservice) by using tw.coach.callservice.
              So, In ajax service i am invoking my adhoc event.

Thanks,
              Laxmi.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                7615 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-29T17:05:50Z  in response to laxmi87
                So since you are doing call service, this is being invoked on behalf of an individual already logged into the server? If so have you confirmed that individual is in the group able to do token injection?

• laxmi87
                  laxmi87
                  71 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-29T17:35:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hi Andrew,

I have added the user to tw_admin group and logged in using the same user. Still i face the same issue.

Thanks,
                  Laxmi.
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    7615 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-29T18:28:12Z  in response to laxmi87
                    Have you looked at the TeamworksConfigurationRunning.xml file and confirmed that your change was picked up? If so, can you log the name of the user when you do the callService() on the server side. I actually don't know who this executes the service as. Finally, what is the actual code in that service you are invoking?

• laxmi87
                      laxmi87
                      71 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-30T14:33:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                      Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much it is working fine. Really I have no words to express for your support.

Cheers,
                      Laxmi.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7615 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T00:55:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you Andrew,
      I was trying to work out why I couldn't see an adhoc event menu item... that 'Important' message isn't mentioned in the v8.0 help.

Paul
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T20:59:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        You guys are welcome. Glad to be able to help.