Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T00:14:57Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Custom Device Provisioning Parameters

‏2013-01-23T19:11:13Z |
Does anyone have an idea which all the mobile device parameters(public properties as per the worklight docs) are used by worklight for Mobile Device Provisioning?

I have already read ibm worklight tutorials as well as reference guide, but could not find information about the exact parameters used by worklight.
  • ShmulikB
    ShmulikB
    20 Posts

Re: Custom Device Provisioning Parameters

‏2013-01-27T09:27:09Z  
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "mobile device parameters".
    Do you mean that you want to know what parameters can be used in your SecurityTest?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-27T12:55:14Z  
    • ShmulikB
    • ‏2013-01-27T09:27:09Z
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "mobile device parameters".
    Do you mean that you want to know what parameters can be used in your SecurityTest?
    As per the information available, worklight creates a pair of PKI-based keys. It then uses the keys to sign the public characteristics of the device and application, and sends them to the Worklight Server for authentication purposes.

I want to know which public characteristics exactly of the device are being signed by the worklight?
  • raanan
    raanan
    50 Posts

‏2013-02-06T07:43:39Z  
    As per the information available, worklight creates a pair of PKI-based keys. It then uses the keys to sign the public characteristics of the device and application, and sends them to the Worklight Server for authentication purposes.

I want to know which public characteristics exactly of the device are being signed by the worklight?
    Worklight device provisioning is based on standard PKI practices and generates a PKCS #10 Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to obtain a X.509 certificate that is unique to the device.

Out of the box Worklight only sign Device OS and Model.
    The Device Id is a guid generated by the client and not specific to that device (another application with another sharedUserId on the same device would yield a different guid).

When using the custom device provisioning mode, the application developer can add custom data to the CSR.
    In this mode, the Worklight framework creates the basic elements required to generate the CSR (including a protected private key), and the app developer can choose whether to populate the CSR with any additional device-specific parameters.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-02-08T00:14:57Z  

If raanan was able to answer your question, please mark this question as answered. Otherwise see note below.

Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight