Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-25T16:08:36Z by qcduong
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Protecting Console in 5.0.5 on Windows Server not functioning

‏2013-01-23T15:26:42Z |
I've just set up a 5.0.5 server and am trying to protect the console. It's on a windows server machine and if i go to

<server>:9080/worklight/console/#catalog

then i can see the console.
I would like to protect it with a username and password. The admin guide says to modify worklight.properties and authenticationConfig.xml and I found these in the folder c:/program files/IBM/Worklight/ApplicationCenter/Installer/IBMAppCenter/server/conf
(no other copies exist).
So I uncommented two sections in the .xml file and added two properties console.username and console.password in the worklight.properties file. Then restarted the server.
However, it still doesnt ask for a username and password to get at the console. Cleared out the browser cache and all obvious things but must have missed something out. Can anyone point to something?
  • qcduong
    qcduong
    30 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Protecting Console in 5.0.5 on Windows Server not functioning

‏2013-01-23T15:30:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You need to update the files in the deployed worklight.war. Are you using the WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile or another?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2327 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-23T15:35:10Z  in response to qcduong
      Liberty
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-23T15:34:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I should add that the directory Worklight/server/conf was not created on installation, which is where i thought the files should exist.
    • qcduong
      qcduong
      30 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T16:08:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      You need to modify the artifacts described by the following link, but in the actual deployed worklight.war file
      http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/topic/com.ibm.worklight.help.doc/admin/r_protecting_ibm_worklight_console.html

On Windows 7 systems:
      C:\ProgramData\IBM\Worklight\WAS85liberty-server\wlp\usr\servers\worklightServer\apps\worklight.war

On Windows XP systems:
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\Worklight\WAS85liberty-server\wlp\usr\servers\worklightServer\apps\worklight.war