Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-25T20:57:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Multiple Selection TreeView- add a new file into-Dojo Tool Kit folder-

‏2013-01-23T09:37:53Z |
Hello All, I need to add another directory into DojoTool kit in Process Designer for the purpose of using TreeView with multi-selection. However I do not seem to be able to get "Dojo toolkit path" .

The hierarchy is as follows ;
/dojotoolkit
/dijit
/dojo
/util
/newFolder * is what I need to add
Does anybody know how to do so ? I really appreciate your help .
Regards ,
Updated on 2013-01-25T20:57:02Z at 2013-01-25T20:57:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: Multiple Selection TreeView- add a new file into-Dojo Tool Kit folder-

‏2013-01-23T17:37:57Z  
    Hmmm ... can you back up a bit? The Dojo Toolkit is a set of modules provided. What makes you think that you need to add a new folder? What is the goal you are trying to achieve? The Dojo Toolkit as provided by BPM should really not be touched. Where are you seeing a "recipe" that says you need to alter the existing Dojo directory structures?

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-24T08:10:12Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-01-23T17:37:57Z
    Hmmm ... can you back up a bit? The Dojo Toolkit is a set of modules provided. What makes you think that you need to add a new folder? What is the goal you are trying to achieve? The Dojo Toolkit as provided by BPM should really not be touched. Where are you seeing a "recipe" that says you need to alter the existing Dojo directory structures?

Neil
    Hello Neil,

What I need to do is actually to create a dijit/Tree which can enable the user to select multiple tree-node . However, please correct me if I'm wrong and please give me another recommendation, I am not able to have such a multiple-selectable checkbox tree-view with the default dijit/Tree that comes with Process Designer . That's why I've made a research on the web and found someone who made it possible by a custom library that is called cbtree/Tree. He recommends to unzip the cbtree package in the '/dojotoolkit' directory which will create a new '/cbtree' directory like

/dojotoolkit
    /cbtree ****NEW FOLDER*****
    /dijit
    /dojo
    /util
    By this way, I will be able to add a moduleID that is "cbtree/Tree" and I can make use of it in the load function meaning that I can create a new Tree by referencing cbtree.Tree as follows ;

var tree_obj = new Tree({
    model: treeModel,
    id: "earthTree",
    },
    "CheckboxTree");
    However, the thing is that I am not able to import another library into /dojotoolkit folder since there is no way to reach it :)

The link for checkbox tree is : http://thejekels.com/cbtree/documentation/CheckBoxTree.md
    I really appreciate your help, thanks.

Serhat
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-24T09:18:36Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-01-23T17:37:57Z

Neil
    Neil, this is an example of what I would like to end up with. I guess I am not able to apply this on my coach view, am I ? The dojo-toolkit version that comes with Process designer does not allow me to use dojoType="TreeNode" as used in this example.

http://ait.web.psi.ch/js/dojo/tests/widget/tree/test_tree_10.html
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2013-01-24T18:05:17Z  
    Neil, this is an example of what I would like to end up with. I guess I am not able to apply this on my coach view, am I ? The dojo-toolkit version that comes with Process designer does not allow me to use dojoType="TreeNode" as used in this example.

http://ait.web.psi.ch/js/dojo/tests/widget/tree/test_tree_10.html
    Aha. I think this is an instance of creating a new Dijit Widget type. I have done this before and wrote it up as a set of notes. See pages 297 onwards at the PDF downloadable here:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=403721

Have a study of that and if questions arise, post back. Hopefully there won't be anything in the widget you have obtained which "requires" a relative location in the Dojo package. If there is, then it is a very naughty widget.

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-25T20:57:02Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-01-24T18:05:17Z
    Aha. I think this is an instance of creating a new Dijit Widget type. I have done this before and wrote it up as a set of notes. See pages 297 onwards at the PDF downloadable here:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=403721

Have a study of that and if questions arise, post back. Hopefully there won't be anything in the widget you have obtained which "requires" a relative location in the Dojo package. If there is, then it is a very naughty widget.

Neil
    Yep, I guess this is what I've been looking for :) I let you know as soon as I apply this to my problem.

Thank you so much.