Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-28T21:42:36Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Question: Either Oracle schema or databases for WL Server Installation

‏2013-01-22T16:44:31Z |
Hi,

On Oracle database, what should be created three Schemas Or *Databases*? for WRKLGHT , WLREPORT and APPCNTR.

The WL Admin Guide (*wl_5_0_admin.pdf*) says the word "databases".

One more confusing statement in the Admin Guide and Installation Wizard

The WL Admin Guide (*wl_5_0_admin.pdf*) have on Page # 17 , section: 2.4.1 Oracle database setup -- it provides details for Oracle 10.2(g) and Oracle 11.2(g) ---- this means it supports Oracle 10 & 11.

while

The Installation Wizard for WL Server Consumer v5.0.5 only shows Oracle 11 & Later.

Based on the Admin Guide suggestions, my client has created all three Schemas in the Oracle 10g , Now when I am providing all three schemas it is unable to find them in the database (see snapshots) --- that's why want to know;

Are the Schemas OR databases needed? which one?
And it will Work with Oracle 10g,Right?
Thanks
Abdul Ahad
  • MrWidget
    MrWidget
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Question: Either Oracle schema or databases for WL Server Installation

‏2013-01-23T06:46:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Worklight 5 only supports Oracle 11g. Formal hardware requirements are in http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/prodguid/v1r0/clarity-reports/report/html/prereqsForProduct?deliverableId=1322605181306
    Oracle 10 is not supported.

Also, I see that you are referring to a PDF which means that you are looking at a rather older version of the documentation. The PDFs have since been converted to online documentation (see http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/index.jsp for 5.0.5 documentation)

Schemas will do. No need to create separate Oracle databases (which are quite costly). Though I would suggest that you separate WRKLGHT and WLREPORT into different tablespaces to provide some separation. The former database is mostly read-only while the later is write-focused.

Thank you for finding issues in our documentation
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2327 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-23T12:22:09Z  in response to MrWidget
      I asked clarified it through PMR and they have suggested to use databases and not schema.

Thanks
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2327 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-23T12:22:43Z  in response to MrWidget
      I asked clarified it through PMR and they have suggested to use databases and not schema.

Thanks
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        2327 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-28T21:42:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        by creating databases on Oracle , the installation wizard worked fine and detected all three databases.

So on Oracle, databases need to be created with one schema with Worklight name.