Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-24T05:52:40Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
124 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Writing XML document from CICS to a zFS

‏2013-01-22T13:38:46Z |
I want to write an XML document (actually a SOAP-envelope) from CICS TS 4.2 to a zFS, but have never seen it before. Is it possible?

The reason I want to do that is because it was decided to make use of persistent SOAP-messages that are received by CICS over the WebSphere MQ transport. In case of an application problem, there is an DFHMQSOA-process that contains a container with the original SOAP-envelope. To consult the SOAP-envelope we want to make it able for developers to consult the envelope from a browser. This looks simple when we should be able to get the container (DFHMQSG) from the DFHMQSOA-process and write its contents to a file on zFS.

Maybe the use of DOCTEMPLATE and DOCUMENT API's are the solution? Anyone that has a sample program that writes a file on zFS from CICS?
Updated on 2013-02-24T05:52:40Z at 2013-02-24T05:52:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Writing XML document from CICS to a zFS

‏2013-01-22T16:08:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Update:
    I just found out I don't need to write to a zFS. I can simply make use of the WEB SEND and before, I add the write HTTP header to make the SOAP-envelope visible in a browser.

However, if someone knows how to write an XML document from CICS to a zFS, I am still curious to know.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      124 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Writing XML document from CICS to a zFS

‏2013-02-24T05:52:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      By zFS, do you mean you want to write it out to the z File System? Specifically, do you want the XML to be written to the HFS or to any file on the z/OS?

Thanks
      Souvik