4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-23T12:54:07Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
17917 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Use of LOAD in DB2

‏2013-01-22T06:22:30Z |
Hi,

In our project, we are using Export with the ^A(0x01) for data loading. But the process is taking lot of time even for a data size of 1M records.
Our leads are suggesting to use LOAD. But Load is not supporting ^A or 0x01 delimiter.
what are the unique delimiters that we can use with Load for data loading.

Thanks in advance
Updated on 2013-01-23T12:54:07Z at 2013-01-23T12:54:07Z by SystemAdmin
  • Jotac
    Jotac
    82 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Use of LOAD in DB2

‏2013-01-22T10:21:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

honestly isn't clear to me your problem with "the ^A(0x01) for data loading".

I just want to spend my two penny to say to you that the LOAD is very powerfull and flexible tool, if you can define a nickname then your trouble on data movement will end. An happy "load" user :-)

ciao
    GIovanni
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      17917 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T10:29:47Z  in response to Jotac
      we are using DB2 Export command in our project with the delimiter as 0x01 which is for ctrl-A.
      But this is consuming lot of time to load data.Because of performance concerns, it has been decided to go with the LOAD which is available for DB2.

But ctrl-A or 0x01 (hexa value) does not seem to be working with LOAD of DB2.

I am looking for delimiters supported by DB2 LOAD which can load with no performance concerns.

Please provide the list of Delimiters supported by DB2 LOAD utility.
      I tried to search but could not find any...

Thanks in advance..
      • Jotac
        Jotac
        82 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T11:28:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Well it seem to me you can define nicknames versus your data sources, isn't?

then why you do not use "load from cursor" as described here instaed of load from flat file?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/topic/com.ibm.db2.luw.admin.dm.doc/doc/c0005437.html

hope this help.

GIovanni
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          17917 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-23T12:54:07Z  in response to Jotac
          Hi,

Thanks so much for your response..
          But just wanted to know what are the different delimiters which can be used with LOAD command.
          the delimiter must be something which is not common. For example, comma(,) can be a part of the data also. Ctrl-A is something which can come part of the data of the table.

Also, just wanted to check if ctrl-A can be used as a delimiter for LOAD command.
          but ctrl-A(ctrl-v + ctrl-A) or hexavalue (0x01) for Ctrl-A, both are not working with LOAD command.
          Is there any other way, we can still go ahead and use ctrl-A??

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.. :)