Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T21:29:44Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7929 Posts

Pinned topic Unusual message when using IloCplex::solve()

‏2013-01-22T00:34:01Z |
Hi,
I'm currently using CPLEX 12.5 through C++ concert technology in a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS machine to test the effectiveness of certain cuts for MIQPs. I use the following parameter settings:

IloEnv env;
IloModel m1(env);
//Model is built (has some randomly generated linear and quadratic constraints)
IloCplex c1(m1);
c1.setParam(IloCplex::SimDisplay,0);
c1.setParam(IloCplex::MIPDisplay,0);
c1.setParam(IloCplex::BarDisplay,0);
c1.setParam(IloCplex::RootAlg,IloCplex::BarAlg);

I then solve the problem using c1.solve(). I have continuous and binary variables in my problem. So, I first solve the MIQP, drop the integer restrictions through an IloConversion object, solve the QP, add my cuts, resolve the QP and then resolve the MIQP. My data looks fine and the cuts seem to work correctly. However, when I use c1.solve() to get the MIQP solution after adding cuts, I get the following message on my screen:

#### SKIP

My instances are randomly generated and this message only appears for some instances. It also appears even when I solve the continuous relaxations of some problems. Is this an error message? Why would such a message occur? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Updated on 2014-03-24T22:41:26Z at 2014-03-24T22:41:26Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

Re: Unusual message when using IloCplex::solve()

‏2013-01-22T06:24:34Z  
    This is a known problem. The message does not indicate any error and can safely be ignored. The message will be removed in the next fixpack.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

Re: Unusual message when using IloCplex::solve()

‏2013-01-22T21:29:44Z  
    This is a known problem. The message does not indicate any error and can safely be ignored. The message will be removed in the next fixpack.
    Thanks.