Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-28T08:33:59Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Sending emails to LDAP users.........

‏2013-01-21T20:52:12Z |
Hi........

I am trying to send an e-mail to "Default Lane Participant Group". The group contains users from LDAP as well as users I made in Admin Console. I was wondering how can I get email addresses of these people?
For testing purposes, I added "Send E-mail via SMTP" to my BPD and hard-coded my own email address in "from" field of Data Mapping. After running the BPD I did receive the email I was sending to myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated!^^

-Samira
Updated on 2013-02-28T08:33:59Z at 2013-02-28T08:33:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Sending emails to LDAP users.........

‏2013-01-21T20:58:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I forgot to say........ I am using BMP v:8.0

Thanks!

-Samira
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7615 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T22:08:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      There is no OOTB presentation of user's email information within BPM to my knowledge. There are some connectors written by 3rd parties that allow you to query LDAP for user attributes. You could use one of these to either periodically populate the email value for users in the BPM database, or to connect directly to LDAP and query for the email attribute yourself.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T22:22:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Thank you Andrew!

How about sending emails to my internal users? the ones I created in "Administrative Console" or "Admin Console". Can I query their e-mail attributes? and if so can you guide me how to do it?

Thanks!

-Samira
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          7615 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T15:19:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          The JS API has a TWUser object. That object has an "attributes" method, which returns a JS record of all the attributes associated with the user. This will be the attributes as defined in the process DB. This will work for both internal and external users, but there is no OOTB synchonization of the user attributes to their LDAP attributes. You can get a TWUser either by methods on the tw.system namespace as well as the TWRole and TWParticipant group objecs. Off the top of my head I believe there is a tw.system.findUserById() and a tw.system.findUserByName() call.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            7615 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-23T15:26:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hi Andrew,

I'll try those calls and see what I find.

Thank you so much!^^

-Samira
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              7615 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-28T08:33:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hi,

I had the same problem. here are what i found.

for internal users you can get email addresses by SQL execute statement service on LSW_USR table.
              for all users you can use ...user.attributes but this attribute must be defined for users beforehand.

or you can import email addresses to DB and use SQL execute statement
              or (i think the best) create web service which return email addresses.