Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-07T23:57:24Z by SystemAdmin
DG1M_Harry_Ho
DG1M_Harry_Ho
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IBM Worklight Update

‏2013-01-21T15:59:31Z |
Originally I had an issue upgrading the plugin with the old dependencies still there. The workaround was to finally re-install eclipse and restart my workbench anew. However, I have noticed another issue when upgrading (3 different environments).

Elclipse Juno with Worklight 5.0.5 on Mac
Elclipse Indigo with Worklight 5.0.5 on Win 7
IBM Worklight Studio

I get an error in the console when trying to start the local server on all 3 environments after an a painstaking upgrade.

Failed synchronizing application from database.
com.worklight.gadgets.bean.WidgetServiceBean$ApplicationTransaction.timestampHasChanged(WidgetServiceBean.java:398)
com.worklight.gadgets.bean.WidgetServiceBean$ApplicationTransaction.getAppsToDeploy(WidgetServiceBean.java:382)
com.worklight.gadgets.bean.WidgetServiceBean$ApplicationTransaction.syncApplicationsStateFromDB(WidgetServiceBean.java:284)
com.worklight.gadgets.bean.WidgetServiceBean$ClusterSyncApplicationTransaction.run(WidgetServiceBean.java:457)
com.worklight.gadgets.bean.WidgetServiceBean$ClusterSyncApplicationTransaction.run(WidgetServiceBean.java:452)
com.worklight.core.util.RssBrokerUtils.doInTransaction(RssBrokerUtils.java:119)
com.worklight.gadgets.bean.WidgetServiceBean.syncApplicationsFromDBTransaction(WidgetServiceBean.java:449)
com.worklight.gadgets.bean.ClusterDataSynchronizationTask.step(ClusterDataSynchronizationTask.java:33)
com.worklight.core.tasks.TaskThread.run(TaskThread.java:98)
When I stop trying to run the server, it is fine.

I'll keep trying to debug it and figure out a solution, but if anyone has suggestions outside of reinstalling again, please let me know.

Also hoping that some of these updates can be a little more streamlined.
  • VV3R_mordechai_taitelman
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM Worklight Update

‏2013-01-23T08:34:30Z  in response to DG1M_Harry_Ho
    Hi Harry
    In your old environments were you using the default (HSQL) database ?
    As a starting point I would try to clean the old <eclipse_workspace>/WorklightServerHome
    so if you used HSQL it will force the server to rebuild the local copies.
    Deleting that directory will not damage in anyway the existing projects.
    Its like cleaning cache.

If it didnt work , tell me your DB vendor.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM Worklight Update

‏2013-02-07T23:57:24Z  in response to DG1M_Harry_Ho
    Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight