• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-23T03:16:37Z by Jasi
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30895 Posts

Pinned topic java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.portlet

‏2013-01-21T15:54:34Z |
Hi,
please, somebody can help me about this exception? I'm using WebSphere portal 7 into RAD 8.0.4, and I try to load my portal application but, I have this exception with the ClassLoader.
Pls, see the SystemOut file attached on this message.
Anyway, the exception error is this:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:421)

I'll wait for your help!
Thanks,
Andrea
Updated on 2013-01-23T03:16:37Z at 2013-01-23T03:16:37Z by Jasi
  • Jasi
    Jasi
    241 Posts

Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.portlet

‏2013-01-22T05:04:17Z  
    Evidently you seem to be missing a jar that may have this class.
    Try looking here ...
    http://www.jarfinder.com/index.php/java/info/org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2013-01-22T12:39:19Z  
    • Jasi
    • ‏2013-01-22T05:04:17Z
    Evidently you seem to be missing a jar that may have this class.
    Try looking here ...
    http://www.jarfinder.com/index.php/java/info/org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet
    No, sorry, I have all necessary jars in the application. Moreover, into the RAD 8, click right button on MyApplication, Properties -->> Java Build Path -->> tab Libraries appears all jars.
    I guess that the application is not taking the jars, I dont know...
    Some idea about this?

Thanks,
    Andrea
  • Mark_Winton
    Mark_Winton
    110 Posts

‏2013-01-22T14:53:19Z  
    No, sorry, I have all necessary jars in the application. Moreover, into the RAD 8, click right button on MyApplication, Properties -->> Java Build Path -->> tab Libraries appears all jars.
    I guess that the application is not taking the jars, I dont know...
    Some idea about this?

Thanks,
    Andrea
    In RAD 8's "Problem" view (accessible from Window -> Show View -> Problems if you can't already see it) do you have any warnings that "Classpath entry ...will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result"?

If so right click on the warning, choose "Quick Fix", and in the resulting popup hightlight "Mark the associated raw classpath entry as a publish/export dependency", then click finish. You'll need to repeat this for each jar file that you want to include in the export.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2013-01-22T17:43:20Z  
    In RAD 8's "Problem" view (accessible from Window -> Show View -> Problems if you can't already see it) do you have any warnings that "Classpath entry ...will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result"?

If so right click on the warning, choose "Quick Fix", and in the resulting popup hightlight "Mark the associated raw classpath entry as a publish/export dependency", then click finish. You'll need to repeat this for each jar file that you want to include in the export.
    No, I haven't problem in the Problem view in RAD8. Also, the application hasn't compile errors. The exception appears in the runtime only.
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet
    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtClassLoader.java:150)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:652)
    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.loadClass(ExtClassLoader.java:90)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:618)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:62)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:58)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:540)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:508)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:508)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletServlet.init(PortletServlet.java:114)
    ... 227 more
  • Jasi
    Jasi
    241 Posts

‏2013-01-23T03:16:37Z  
    No, I haven't problem in the Problem view in RAD8. Also, the application hasn't compile errors. The exception appears in the runtime only.
    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtClassLoader.java:150)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:652)
    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.loadClass(ExtClassLoader.java:90)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:62)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:58)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:540)
    at com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.invoker.impl.PortletServlet.init(PortletServlet.java:114)
    ... 227 more
    Where are these libraries kept and how are you linking them to your project?