• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-15T14:01:56Z by GlennSkinner
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
24948 Posts

Pinned topic ClearQuest External Attachments Package

‏2013-01-21T14:50:01Z |
Hi,
I want to use this package (now I'm using the one that stores in the database) and I have a couple of questions about this package.
1. I must use an FTP server? or I can use a shared folder with all the permissions (w/r)?
2. Does the attached file stores in a folder structure (f.e: dbid/attachment.txt) or the shared folder is like a big bag with all the attached files?
3. And the last one.. If, as I said; I'm using an old attachment package version.. I must install a new package? or I can update it?

Thanks in advance.

Renato.
Updated on 2013-03-20T22:48:32Z at 2013-03-20T22:48:32Z by SystemAdmin
  • cglockner
    cglockner
    345 Posts

Re: ClearQuest External Attachments Package

‏2013-01-22T13:03:02Z  
    Hello Renato,

There's a module covering the Attachments 2.0 package on the IBM Education assistant at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/rtnv1r0/topic/com.ibm.iea.rcq/rcq/7.1/Operations/RCQ_AXP/player.html?dmuid=20110210172800523021

I suggest you take a look at it.

-Christian
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2013-03-20T22:48:32Z  
    • cglockner
    • ‏2013-01-22T13:03:02Z
    Hello Renato,

There's a module covering the Attachments 2.0 package on the IBM Education assistant at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/rtnv1r0/topic/com.ibm.iea.rcq/rcq/7.1/Operations/RCQ_AXP/player.html?dmuid=20110210172800523021

I suggest you take a look at it.

-Christian
    Thanks Christian.
    Is a good educational video.
    You know how does this package saves it on the ftp server..Uses a particular structure? or Saves it like a big attachment bag?
  • RenatoMori
    RenatoMori
    2 Posts

‏2013-11-08T19:37:29Z  

I have used the CQ Attachment Package (CQ 8.0.1) but I find that is not working as I want.. so maybe someone can help me.

When I upload an attachment, it goes to the FTP, but dissapears from the attachment list. Is there a way that the file stays in the attachment box?

Also, is  there a way to use a ftp with anonymous user configuration so no user/password is required to see the files?

I'm attaching images of a record where the attachment field is blank (even the fpt has files), and one of the axpattachment configuration.

Thanks in advance!

Updated on 2013-11-08T19:38:49Z at 2013-11-08T19:38:49Z by RenatoMori
  • DonaldN
    DonaldN
    286 Posts

‏2013-11-11T00:07:35Z  

I have used the CQ Attachment Package (CQ 8.0.1) but I find that is not working as I want.. so maybe someone can help me.

When I upload an attachment, it goes to the FTP, but dissapears from the attachment list. Is there a way that the file stays in the attachment box?

Also, is  there a way to use a ftp with anonymous user configuration so no user/password is required to see the files?

I'm attaching images of a record where the attachment field is blank (even the fpt has files), and one of the axpattachment configuration.

Thanks in advance!

If I remember correctly, only the folder path is stored for the attachments, not the individual attachment, as you can see in your second screen shot.

Note that since you can modify the contents on the FTP server without ClearQuest knowing, providing links to individual attachment does not guarantee anything.

Further more, accessing to the FTP server has nothing to do with ClearQuest, or the "axpattachment configuration" for that matter, so if the FTP server allows anonymous access, it is all good. If not, you need to work out a plan to use individual ID, a universal dummy ID, or anonymous access on the FTP server.

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

‏2013-11-14T16:08:41Z  

Thanks in advance!

Once an attachment is sent to the ftp site, it is removed from the attachment list box. This is working as designed. It cannot be changed.

• RenatoMori
    RenatoMori
    2 Posts

‏2013-11-14T16:53:49Z  

Once an attachment is sent to the ftp site, it is removed from the attachment list box. This is working as designed. It cannot be changed.

Thanks DonaldN and Glenn.. Now I understand how this attachment package works.. Anyone knows if there is a way to show (maybe add any code) in the cq form the files stores in the ftp per id? maybe like a list or an attachments log just to show the files we can find if we go to the showed ftp url.

thanks in advance!

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

‏2013-11-15T14:01:56Z  

Thanks DonaldN and Glenn.. Now I understand how this attachment package works.. Anyone knows if there is a way to show (maybe add any code) in the cq form the files stores in the ftp per id? maybe like a list or an attachments log just to show the files we can find if we go to the showed ftp url.

thanks in advance!

I don't know of any easy way to keep a log or a list of what was sent to the ftp site. You probably could script it, but it would require altering the attachment package script which would be unsupported