Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T12:15:13Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7929 Posts

Pinned topic CPLEX 12.5 with CPX_PARAM_OBJULIM / CPX_PARAM_OBJLLIM

‏2013-01-21T14:37:38Z |
In CPLEX 12.5 to get the default, min, max values for upper and lower limits on the objective value I use

int CPXXinfodblparam(CPXCENVptr env, int whichparam, double * defvalue_p, double * minvalue_p, double * maxvalue_p)

For whichparam = 1026 (CPX_PARAM_OBJULIM) and whichparam = 1025 (CPX_PARAM_OBJULIM), the output defaults are +1e+75 and -1e75 (which are correct), whereas the min and max values are 0.0.

Please correct this trivial bug.
Updated on 2013-01-22T12:15:13Z at 2013-01-22T12:15:13Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

Re: CPLEX 12.5 with CPX_PARAM_OBJULIM / CPX_PARAM_OBJLLIM

‏2013-01-21T15:55:43Z  
    That is not a bug.
    If the function returns 0 for both the min and max value then this means that the parameter has no limits. See the reference documentation.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

‏2013-01-21T20:15:26Z  
    That is not a bug.
    If the function returns 0 for both the min and max value then this means that the parameter has no limits. See the reference documentation.
    Nice, it seems to be even worse than a "trivial bug". First, how do you check two doubles for zero. Second, what do you mean with "the parameter has no limit". Please remember that it should work for all platforms.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

‏2013-01-22T06:27:29Z  
    Nice, it seems to be even worse than a "trivial bug". First, how do you check two doubles for zero. Second, what do you mean with "the parameter has no limit". Please remember that it should work for all platforms.
    I'm afraid I don't see your problem here :-(

> Fish2013 wrote:
    > Nice, it seems to be even worse than a "trivial bug". First, how do you check two doubles for zero.
    >
    You can simply use the '==' operator to do that. Since these are constants there is no round-off impossible and using '==' on floating point numbers is fine here.

> Second, what do you mean with "the parameter has no limit".
    >
    It means that you can specify any double precision floating point value here, including positive and negative infinity -- though using a NaN here might result in unexpected behavior.

> Please remember that it should work for all platforms.
    >
    I don't see how any of the above would depend on the platform (for the platforms that CPLEX supports).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

‏2013-01-22T07:37:44Z  
    I'm afraid I don't see your problem here :-(

> Fish2013 wrote:
    > Nice, it seems to be even worse than a "trivial bug". First, how do you check two doubles for zero.
    >
    You can simply use the '==' operator to do that. Since these are constants there is no round-off impossible and using '==' on floating point numbers is fine here.

> Second, what do you mean with "the parameter has no limit".
    >
    It means that you can specify any double precision floating point value here, including positive and negative infinity -- though using a NaN here might result in unexpected behavior.

> Please remember that it should work for all platforms.
    >
    I don't see how any of the above would depend on the platform (for the platforms that CPLEX supports).
    Do you mean I should use minvalue_p == 0.0 && maxvalue_p == 0.0?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

‏2013-01-22T09:10:59Z  
    Do you mean I should use minvalue_p == 0.0 && maxvalue_p == 0.0?
    > Fish2013 wrote:
    > Do you mean I should use minvalue_p == 0.0 && maxvalue_p == 0.0?
    >
    Yes, that is what I meant.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

‏2013-01-22T12:15:13Z  
    > Fish2013 wrote:
    > Do you mean I should use minvalue_p == 0.0 && maxvalue_p == 0.0?
    >
    Yes, that is what I meant.
    Hi, Daniel. Thanks for your comments.