Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T16:25:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
642 Posts

Pinned topic ISA v5 beta 2 - Configuration Visualizer creates unusable HTML output

‏2013-01-21T14:12:12Z |
I'm IBM SWG consultant for WebSphere and now on customer's site for a WebSphere Application Server Health check. To have a Configuration/Topology overview I've tried to use the Configuration Visualizer, because, as documented, it needs only the 'config' folders instead as of ISA v4.1 the need of creating a headless scripting package, copy to target enviroment and so on.
So I've got the 'config' folder from the DMGR of a WAS cell (compressed zip archive) and I loaded it in ISA v5 through creating a new case. The Configuration Visualizer Tool has created a 4 MB Topology HTML file, which is unusable, because every used Browser Internet Explorer and Firefox are showing only a blank page. I tested it with my own zipped 'config' folder of a WPS single server installation and this works fine.
Any idea ? The customers 'config' archive is large (nearly 1 GB, WAS 7.0.0.23, WebSphere Extended Deployment WXDOP 6.1.1.5, OS is virtualized, SLES 10 I think). Because this are customer sensitive data, what should I do ... creating a PMR for this ?
Thanks in advance for every help.

Best regards
Michael Pietsch
Updated on 2013-02-08T16:25:58Z at 2013-02-08T16:25:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • rbwright
    rbwright
    227 Posts

Re: ISA v5 beta 2 - Configuration Visualizer creates unusable HTML output

‏2013-01-21T18:58:56Z  
    Hello Michael,

I sent you email requesting additional information.

Regards,
    Russell Wright
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    642 Posts

Re: ISA v5 beta 2 - Configuration Visualizer creates unusable HTML output

‏2013-02-08T16:25:58Z  
    Upload the file to ecurep, and then run the visualizer on it, it should work fine.

My team uses this every day.

Paul O'Donnell
    SIB L2