Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T16:25:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
642 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ISA v5 beta 2 - Configuration Visualizer creates unusable HTML output

‏2013-01-21T14:12:12Z |
I'm IBM SWG consultant for WebSphere and now on customer's site for a WebSphere Application Server Health check. To have a Configuration/Topology overview I've tried to use the Configuration Visualizer, because, as documented, it needs only the 'config' folders instead as of ISA v4.1 the need of creating a headless scripting package, copy to target enviroment and so on.
So I've got the 'config' folder from the DMGR of a WAS cell (compressed zip archive) and I loaded it in ISA v5 through creating a new case. The Configuration Visualizer Tool has created a 4 MB Topology HTML file, which is unusable, because every used Browser Internet Explorer and Firefox are showing only a blank page. I tested it with my own zipped 'config' folder of a WPS single server installation and this works fine.
Any idea ? The customers 'config' archive is large (nearly 1 GB, WAS 7.0.0.23, WebSphere Extended Deployment WXDOP 6.1.1.5, OS is virtualized, SLES 10 I think). Because this are customer sensitive data, what should I do ... creating a PMR for this ?
Thanks in advance for every help.

Best regards
Michael Pietsch
Updated on 2013-02-08T16:25:58Z at 2013-02-08T16:25:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • rbwright
    rbwright
    212 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ISA v5 beta 2 - Configuration Visualizer creates unusable HTML output

‏2013-01-21T18:58:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Michael,

I sent you email requesting additional information.

Regards,
    Russell Wright
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    642 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ISA v5 beta 2 - Configuration Visualizer creates unusable HTML output

‏2013-02-08T16:25:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Upload the file to ecurep, and then run the visualizer on it, it should work fine.

My team uses this every day.

Paul O'Donnell
    SIB L2