Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T09:30:25Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
13279 Posts

Pinned topic Import AIX Technology Updates and Service Pack Updates

‏2013-01-21T14:05:19Z |
I have a Systems Director 6.3.2 server up and runing and have managed to discover some AIX clients.

Due to security restrictions, the Server does not have an internet connection. As such, I am trying to download AIX 6.1 TL 8 SP 1 (The latest update) from the Fix Central Site and import it manually into Systems Director.

I have downloaded all the files and copied them to the server under /tmp/updates/

When I try to run the import, either from the command line or the Web GUI, I am met with the same fate.

It attempts to create the .sdd files and then fails, complaining that no .sdd files exist.

I have trawled around the Fix Central site till my eyes have bled and I cannot see any alternative downloads that include the .sdd descriptor files.

Has anyone else ever managed to get an offline import working in Systems Director, or am I just going to have to put a case forward for this Server to have an internet connection (Something I'd rather avoid .... Paperwork ... :( )

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Updated on 2013-01-22T09:30:25Z at 2013-01-22T09:30:25Z by SystemAdmin
  • gcorneau
    gcorneau
    234 Posts

Re: Import AIX Technology Updates and Service Pack Updates

‏2013-01-21T18:34:26Z  
    Did you make sure to check the box for "Include informational files, and files required by Systems Director for installation (not available for physical media) " before downloading?

Yes, I have imported downloaded updates many times before.

Did you rename files or run bffcreate/gencopy on the files? If so, the import won't work because the data files referenced above contain the exact file names.

Glen Corneau
    IBM Power Systems Advanced Technical Skills
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

Re: Import AIX Technology Updates and Service Pack Updates

‏2013-01-22T09:30:25Z  
    • gcorneau
    • ‏2013-01-21T18:34:26Z
    Did you make sure to check the box for "Include informational files, and files required by Systems Director for installation (not available for physical media) " before downloading?

Yes, I have imported downloaded updates many times before.

Did you rename files or run bffcreate/gencopy on the files? If so, the import won't work because the data files referenced above contain the exact file names.

Glen Corneau
    IBM Power Systems Advanced Technical Skills
    > gcorneau wrote:
    > Did you make sure to check the box for "Include informational files, and files required by Systems Director for installation (not available for physical media) " before downloading?

Boy, do I feel stupid now. When I originally downloaded the files I'd swear that tick box didn't exist. Oh well, downloaded with that tick box ticked and it's all working now. Thanks for your help

Kevin