• Latest Post - ‏2013-01-23T18:59:19Z by RobPinion
PhaniRaju
PhaniRaju
155 Posts

Pinned topic Validation in BPM8

‏2013-01-21T13:40:36Z |
Hi Everyone,
Please view the image.
I think we have seen this kind of validation in BPM 7.5 version.
Is it possible to implement this kind of validation in BPM 8.0.1 Version.
Has Anyone implemented this??

Thank You
Phani Raju.
Updated on 2013-01-23T18:59:19Z at 2013-01-23T18:59:19Z by RobPinion
  • kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

Re: Validation in BPM8

‏2013-01-21T15:49:14Z  
    Hi there Phani,
    8.0.1 contains some quite cool validation capabilities ... see the following InfoCenter article for a discussion:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r0m1/topic/com.ibm.wbpm.wle.editor.doc/buildcoach/topics/ezample_validatingacoach.html

If after reading you have further questions or comments, don't hesitate to post back.

Neil
  • PhaniRaju
    PhaniRaju
    155 Posts

‏2013-01-22T05:05:07Z  
    Hi Kolban,

Thanks for your reply.
    At present , I am using the same validation process.
    But my question is , Is it possible to have the validation that is provided in BPM 7.5 (View Attachment).

Thank You
    Phani.
  • PhaniRaju
    PhaniRaju
    155 Posts

‏2013-01-23T10:29:53Z  
    Can Anybody Help Me??
    Does Annyone Know How to do This??
    Has Anyone Implemented This??

Thanks
    Phani.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-23T11:43:12Z  
    Hi Phani,

If you are migrating your application to 8.0.1 then you should migrate your validation toolkit and you will have the same validation formatting.
    If you create a new BPM 8.0.1 application you can use the out of the box validation that Neil pointed out.
    Else you can do you own custom application development.

Cheers!
  • PhaniRaju
    PhaniRaju
    155 Posts

‏2013-01-23T12:26:45Z  
    Hi TodorMollov

I already have migrated to 8.0.1.
    I am not using Heritage Coach.
    I want validation for New 8.0.1 Coach as we are having validation in 7.5 as shown in Image.
    Is it possible??
  • jmac_EmeriCon
    jmac_EmeriCon
    280 Posts

‏2013-01-23T14:11:32Z  
    • PhaniRaju
    • ‏2013-01-23T12:26:45Z
    Hi TodorMollov

I already have migrated to 8.0.1.
    I am not using Heritage Coach.
    I want validation for New 8.0.1 Coach as we are having validation in 7.5 as shown in Image.
    Is it possible??
    Perhaps if you explained how that validation is happening. As far as I know, this is NOT out of the box validation, so you must be doing something to get the image you are referring to.

JOhn

John McDonald

EmeriCon, LLC
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-23T18:09:28Z  
    Perhaps if you explained how that validation is happening. As far as I know, this is NOT out of the box validation, so you must be doing something to get the image you are referring to.

JOhn

John McDonald

EmeriCon, LLC
    I do think that the "Value is Required" errors are OOTB coach designer behavior when you mark a field as required. The user name check on the other hand is definitely somthing custom. I don't think the 8.0 base coach widgets support the same default validations the coach designer supported. We gained a bunch of flexibility but lost a bit in base functionality. Based on other threads I do believe the community wiki has some validation samples you can look at.

http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/samples/CV+-+Coach+View+Validation

Would be a good place to start.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • PhaniRaju
    PhaniRaju
    155 Posts

‏2013-01-23T18:38:38Z  
    Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply.
    I have already done validations using the link which you have provided.
    My Question is
    Can we have validation as shown in the image in 8.0.1 i.e., Field background color should be Red and Error message should be displayed below the field or after the field as we have in 7.5.
    In 8.0.1 which I am using now, the validations errors are displayed when we move cursor over a small traingle (Reference Given URL).

Thanks
    Phani.
  • RobPinion
    RobPinion
    30 Posts

‏2013-01-23T18:59:19Z  
    • PhaniRaju
    • ‏2013-01-23T18:38:38Z
    Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply.
    I have already done validations using the link which you have provided.
    My Question is
    Can we have validation as shown in the image in 8.0.1 i.e., Field background color should be Red and Error message should be displayed below the field or after the field as we have in 7.5.
    In 8.0.1 which I am using now, the validations errors are displayed when we move cursor over a small traingle (Reference Given URL).

Thanks
    Phani.
    That screen shot is from the wiki pages for LCV (I took it myself some time back.) LCV has not been made available beyond 7.5.1 though it might work with heritage coaches. I believe The Coach Validation Framework (server-side, by Dennis Parrott) works with Coach Views and may provide the error-message behavior you seek.