I need to reference an external web service from within an SCA component. If the external service does not use custom headers then I have no issues when referencing it from within the SCA component.
As soon as I have to pass header info, then the SOAP request is generated incorrectly with the header info sent as part of the SOAP Body. We are using RAD 8.0 and WAS 8.0.05.
For the external service I did the following:
1. Right-clicked WSDL -> Services Component Architecture -> Generate JAX-WS interface.
2. Added a reference to a component.
3. set the reference interface to WSDL and interface to the portType name of the external service.
4. Added a web service binding to the reference and set the port to the port of the external service.
5. Added an @Reference for the external web service to the implementation of the component.
6. The generated code for the external web service had the following method signature operationName(HeaderType, RequestType), where HeaderType is the custom header info I need to populate and RequestType is the input to the operation.
Pinned topic SCA support for custom SOAP header
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-02-04T07:12:54Z at 2013-02-04T07:12:54Z by GVYN_Shaheem_Price
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK126 Posts
Re: SCA support for custom SOAP header2013-01-28T17:27:03ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hello Shaheem,
The access to SOAP headers is a known requirement for SCA in WebSphere, you can take read more about this topic in the following thread https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14685740�
GVYN_Shaheem_Price 270004GVYN3 Posts