Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T14:52:25Z by Rizwan.Kaif
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
658 Posts

Pinned topic Database Directory access

‏2013-01-21T10:27:58Z |
I don't have database directory access,meanwhile i want to see.Rux file and .blb file to make some changes to the rules,In this scenario what are my options? Thanks
Updated on 2013-01-21T14:52:25Z at 2013-01-21T14:52:25Z by Rizwan.Kaif
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

Re: Database Directory access

‏2013-01-21T10:44:52Z  
    Hi barrysab,

Almost all files in the data directory including .rux and .blb files can be modified in some form through Server Explorer. Modifying files directly in the data directory is generally a bad thing to do unless you know what you are doing.

.Rux files contain cube rules. To access these via Server Explorer, right click on a cube and select Edit Rule.

.blb files can represent various objects but a common one is a file in an application folder.

In both cases, you will need some form of administration rights to make these changes via Server Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Rod
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2013-01-21T10:57:15Z  
    Hi barrysab,

Almost all files in the data directory including .rux and .blb files can be modified in some form through Server Explorer. Modifying files directly in the data directory is generally a bad thing to do unless you know what you are doing.

.Rux files contain cube rules. To access these via Server Explorer, right click on a cube and select Edit Rule.

.blb files can represent various objects but a common one is a file in an application folder.

In both cases, you will need some form of administration rights to make these changes via Server Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Rod
    Thanks Rod,Your answer makes lot of sense,I just want to know how do one manages when he/she doesn't have access to database directory,as i see as a developer we quite often needed to make changes to some parameters etc.Thanks a lot again.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2013-01-21T11:12:24Z  
    Thanks Rod,Your answer makes lot of sense,I just want to know how do one manages when he/she doesn't have access to database directory,as i see as a developer we quite often needed to make changes to some parameters etc.Thanks a lot again.
    Hi barrysab,

Sure, if there is there is another scenario you have for editing objects directly via the data directory then post here and I am sure there is a forum member than can make a suitable suggestion.

As always, make sure there is a suitable back up process in place before changing anything.

Rod
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

‏2013-01-21T14:52:25Z  
    If you are TM1 Admin then you should be able to see/edit the rules in the Rules Editor. To see/edit the rules you dont really have to do this outside of TM1.
    Cheers!
    Rizwan Kaif