• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T02:27:35Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
890 Posts

Pinned topic Custom Report with SQL statements

‏2013-01-21T10:08:43Z |
Hi,

If i have a separate table in the database to keep track of certain data like system owner and cost centre, is it possible to do a custom report that merges the data from TEM and the alternate data source?

Reason why i don't use location property to do this is because the data gets changed pretty often and someone else is taking care of the changes so i can only import their changes into a separate table.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts

Re: Custom Report with SQL statements

‏2013-01-21T18:58:05Z  
    Wouldn't it be 'safer' to keep your custom table in a separate database on the server rather than as new table inside the TEM/BES database? I'd be concerned about losing the data when an upgrade is done to the TEM environment. You have no guarantee that they're going to maintain the table structure between versions. Especially major versions.

As for accessing the data, I doubt you will be able to get to it, either way, through Web Reports. You might be able to do it through the SOAP API's though.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts

‏2013-01-22T00:38:59Z  
    Wouldn't it be 'safer' to keep your custom table in a separate database on the server rather than as new table inside the TEM/BES database? I'd be concerned about losing the data when an upgrade is done to the TEM environment. You have no guarantee that they're going to maintain the table structure between versions. Especially major versions.

As for accessing the data, I doubt you will be able to get to it, either way, through Web Reports. You might be able to do it through the SOAP API's though.
    You are right. We do intend to keep it in a separate database on the same server. As for soap API, any documentation I can read up on it?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    890 Posts

‏2013-01-22T02:27:35Z  
    You are right. We do intend to keep it in a separate database on the same server. As for soap API, any documentation I can read up on it?
    Hi,

You can read up on SOAP APIs here:

• Information Center, API Reference Guide: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v26r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.tem.doc_8.2%2Fwelcome%2Fwelcome.html
    I attached the PDF version of the guide.
    • TEM DevWorks wiki: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/TEM%20SOAP%20API?lang=en