Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T14:17:01Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
24948 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Upgrading CQ when cmprofile is secured (windows server 2008 R2)

‏2013-01-21T08:48:11Z |
Has anyone had any joy upgrading within the 7.1.2 series when cmprofile has been secured?

We are trying to patch from 7.1.2.07 to 7.1.2.09 using the IM gui and the upgrade fails when trying to stop the cmprofile service. The cmprofile service has been secured and requires a username and password in order to stop it but IM never asks for credentials.

During the IM config it asks for the username and password for the reportserver and this is shutdown succesfully. If I manually shutdown the cmprofile service first then I get occasional popups for "default" credentials but these disappear on their own, cmprofile gets started but then the upgrade fails when IM tries to stop it.

IBM support have suggested upgrading to IM 1.6.1 but this made no difference. It is supposed to ask for cmprofile creds but doesn't. The only other solution they have at the moment is to disable security / upgrade / re-enable security which appears to be a bit of a sticking plaster solution rather than a proper solution.

Thanks
Alastair French
IT Analyst
Aeroflex International Ltd
Updated on 2013-01-22T14:17:01Z at 2013-01-22T14:17:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • cglockner
    cglockner
    345 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Upgrading CQ when cmprofile is secured (windows server 2008 R2)

‏2013-01-22T09:21:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Alastair,

Based on your description you have enabled administrative security for cmprofile but you did not update the service definition of cmprofile to include the credentials for stopping the service.

To do that follow these steps:

1) Open a DOS prompt
    2) cd C:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\Common\eWAS\bin
    3) wasservice.exe -add cmprofile -serverName server1 -profilePath "C:\Program Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\Common\CM\profiles\cmprofile" -stopArgs "-username <wasuser> -password <waspassword>" -encodeParams

where <wasuser> is the username you use to log into the WebSphere admin console and <waspassword> is that user's password.

Once you've done that you should be able to stop cmprofile in an orderly fashion without being prompted. That should then also allow IM to stop and start it.

-Christian
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      24948 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Upgrading CQ when cmprofile is secured (windows server 2008 R2)

‏2013-01-22T14:17:01Z  in response to cglockner
      Thanks

That has got me further along.

I now get a login prompt

Login at the target server
      enter login information for <default>

realm/cell name <default>
      user identity
      user password

I've entered the cm server admin details twice and it appeared to carry on only to fail when trying to modify the reportserver.

Ho Hum, back to support!

Thanks again.

(this might appear twice if the mail reader posts my reply!)

Alastair French
      IT Analyst
      Aeroflex International Ltd