Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-26T02:36:09Z by jtoma
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
704 Posts

Pinned topic Advanced access profile - problem in saving the new password into wallet

‏2013-01-20T08:12:13Z |
I am facing issue in saving the new password into wallet for an application.

I have developed an advanced profile for an application for autoinject of credentials and its working fine. The issue is if the users password is changed the application will through an error than the user will be typing in the new password on the screen than AA is popped up to save the credentilas but in the wallet the password is saved twice like for "abc" its getting stored as "aabbcc".

Issue - I am able to get an popup when an new password for the application is enterd but its saving twice i.e. the keystrokes are taking as twice.Like for password "welcome" it is storing as "wweellccoommee".

Can any one please let me know how to fix this issue.
Updated on 2013-01-26T02:36:09Z at 2013-01-26T02:36:09Z by jtoma
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

Re: Advanced access profile - problem in saving the new password into wallet

‏2013-01-21T09:23:20Z  
    Not sure if this will help, under action

Capture Credential - ciuser, cipwd, asi > "Properties Tab" > Capture field > Advance Options, used infrequently > Append to existing data > No
  • Tukkata
    Tukkata
    84 Posts

‏2013-01-21T09:32:50Z  
    Hi vreddy,
    As I though, you can use the action "Runs a VBScript or JavaScript" to debug the AccessProfiles. You may place this action after "Capture credential..." action. This script will show the message box to tell what's username and password from data bag.
    Here's the example from ProfileCookbook document.

set prop = runtime.GetPropertiesContainer()
    pwd = prop.GetAccDataItem("default_capture_bag","aditi_cspwd")
    uid = prop.GetAccDataItem("default_capture_bag","aditi_ciuser")
    MsgBox "User name: " + uid + " Password: " + pwd

If the message box also show the twice character, I think it may from keyboard mapping.
    Hope this may help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-01-21T11:32:32Z  
    Not sure if this will help, under action

Capture Credential - ciuser, cipwd, asi > "Properties Tab" > Capture field > Advance Options, used infrequently > Append to existing data > No
    Thanks for your response. It is already set to "NO" in our profile.So its not much helpful for me. Please find below the details of the issue for better understanding...

1. User enters his/her credentials on the application credentials screen and on success the AA pops up to save the credentials in the wallet.
    2. From next time when user opens the applciation the credentials are injected by AA and user logs in successfully.
    3. The password of the user has been changed in backend and when user opens the application the wallet injects the old credentials and it fails.(As the application is set to autologon)
    4. The credentials screen is refreshed and userid is displayed by default on the screen and the password will be left blank so that the user can enter his new password.
    5. Upon entering the new password and on submit the AA has to popup for saving the new credentials but its not happening in our scenario.In the error it shows as the save failed since "ciuser" field is empty.

So I have wrote an script to assign the userid to the default injection bag to capture the creds. If we make both capture and VBScript in the same trigger before save action it is not taking the "yes" button. If all are placed as seperate than i am able to save the credentials but as i said earlier it is saving twice i.e. taking double keystrokes.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-01-21T11:43:11Z  
    • Tukkata
    • ‏2013-01-21T09:32:50Z
    Hi vreddy,
    As I though, you can use the action "Runs a VBScript or JavaScript" to debug the AccessProfiles. You may place this action after "Capture credential..." action. This script will show the message box to tell what's username and password from data bag.
    Here's the example from ProfileCookbook document.

set prop = runtime.GetPropertiesContainer()
    pwd = prop.GetAccDataItem("default_capture_bag","aditi_cspwd")
    uid = prop.GetAccDataItem("default_capture_bag","aditi_ciuser")
    MsgBox "User name: " + uid + " Password: " + pwd

If the message box also show the twice character, I think it may from keyboard mapping.
    Hope this may help.
    Thank you for your response. We have already wrote the script and it was not much helpful. As mentioned in the above response if I place the script after capture credentials trigger than any of the button on the popup is not working and credentials were not able to capture.
    If I place Run VBScript under other triggers like save than the password is capturing twice.

Please let me know how to fix this. Thanks in advance...
  • Tukkata
    Tukkata
    84 Posts

‏2013-01-22T07:36:10Z  
    Thanks for your response. It is already set to "NO" in our profile.So its not much helpful for me. Please find below the details of the issue for better understanding...

1. User enters his/her credentials on the application credentials screen and on success the AA pops up to save the credentials in the wallet.
    2. From next time when user opens the applciation the credentials are injected by AA and user logs in successfully.
    3. The password of the user has been changed in backend and when user opens the application the wallet injects the old credentials and it fails.(As the application is set to autologon)
    4. The credentials screen is refreshed and userid is displayed by default on the screen and the password will be left blank so that the user can enter his new password.
    5. Upon entering the new password and on submit the AA has to popup for saving the new credentials but its not happening in our scenario.In the error it shows as the save failed since "ciuser" field is empty.

So I have wrote an script to assign the userid to the default injection bag to capture the creds. If we make both capture and VBScript in the same trigger before save action it is not taking the "yes" button. If all are placed as seperate than i am able to save the credentials but as i said earlier it is saving twice i.e. taking double keystrokes.
    Hi vreddy,
    From your issue detail, I used to see the application that prefill the userid field.
    In my case, the userid field wasn't be captured like your case and can't save credential.
    At that time, I use a script for clear userid field first. Then let user fill the userid manually.
    It's work for my case.

Hope this help.
  • Tukkata
    Tukkata
    84 Posts

‏2013-01-22T07:57:17Z  

In the other way, you can use condition for the triggers such as "Injection happen or not".
    If not happen (=0), go to a trigger that have capture password action. This is in case first time for capture credential to wallet.
    If happen (=1), go to a trigger that no have capture password action. This is in case the next time that no need to capture password again. Because you already have the correct password in wallet.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-01-22T08:32:22Z  
    • Tukkata
    • ‏2013-01-22T07:57:17Z
    In the other way, you can use condition for the triggers such as "Injection happen or not".
    If not happen (=0), go to a trigger that have capture password action. This is in case first time for capture credential to wallet.
    If happen (=1), go to a trigger that no have capture password action. This is in case the next time that no need to capture password again. Because you already have the correct password in wallet.
    Hi Tukkata,

Thank you for your replies. Your replies gave me some idea and I am able to fix the issue.
    I have used the scripts to get the userid from the default injection bag and placed it at different actions and also used the script under capture pwd and the profile is working as expected.

Thanks again for your replies.

Regards,
    VReddy
  • Tukkata
    Tukkata
    84 Posts

‏2013-01-25T09:28:22Z  
    Hi Tukkata,

Thank you for your replies. Your replies gave me some idea and I am able to fix the issue.
    I have used the scripts to get the userid from the default injection bag and placed it at different actions and also used the script under capture pwd and the profile is working as expected.

Thanks again for your replies.

Regards,
    VReddy
    I'm glad to here that.
    Thank you for sharing your solution.
  • jtoma
    jtoma
    779 Posts

‏2013-01-26T02:36:09Z  
    Actually the duplicate of letters is common on mainframe / terminal type applications. Under advanced options of the trigger "Key is pressed on a window", try toggling either:

a) Use advanced monitoring
    b) Monitor for unicode characters

Try all different combinations (Yes/Yes, Yes/No, No/Yes, No/No).