• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-18T14:18:38Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
704 Posts

Pinned topic Cannot find audit log file while using IMS server

‏2013-01-19T08:31:36Z |
Dear All,

I want to send IMS Server audit log ( eg username, date, logon successful, etc) to other device for audit purpose, but I cannot find stdout.log file in IMS installation folder.

But let say when I create an user and sso to the internal applications using this new user, I still can find the this action in audit data for reporting menu

why I cannot find stdout.log file and where exactly IMS server stores the audit data
Please advice,
Thanks
Updated on 2013-02-18T14:18:38Z at 2013-02-18T14:18:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • Tukkata
    Tukkata
    84 Posts

Re: Cannot find audit log file while using IMS server

‏2013-01-21T10:24:07Z  
    Hi achmadz,
    I'm not sure about how to do that, but from my information hope this help.

In "Deployment Guide - Chapter 13. Logging, auditing, and reporting" document, it say "IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On can be configured to forward its audit log records to any external SysLog server ..."

I can't find more information about how to do that but I see in "ISAM ESSO IMS Configuration Utility" console, at Advanced settings >> IMS Server. Expand "Logging >> Syslog". There is "Syslog server hostname" field.

I the other way, as I know the log was kept in database. There are many database views such as "IMSLOGUSERACTIVITYR" that you may use with your audit device.
  • jtoma
    jtoma
    761 Posts

‏2013-01-26T01:52:53Z  
    These types of logs are not stored in the stdout.log file. They are tracked in the database IMSLog* tables. You can use TCR Reports or other tools to pull the data from the DB.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    704 Posts

‏2013-02-18T14:18:38Z  
    • jtoma
    • ‏2013-01-26T01:52:53Z
    These types of logs are not stored in the stdout.log file. They are tracked in the database IMSLog* tables. You can use TCR Reports or other tools to pull the data from the DB.
    Dear all,
    Sorry for late reply,
    I can find the IMSLOGUSERACTIVITY table in my database after I check again,
    Your advice was very helpful,
    Thanks for your support,

Thank,
    Best Regards,
    Achmad