Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-10-21T10:10:27Z by Vitaly0923
DaleMorgan
DaleMorgan
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can't Create Database - Connectivity Libraries Not Found

‏2013-01-18T22:45:38Z |
I'm getting the following when trying to create a new database using the Data Studio 3.1.1.0 administration client in a local DB2 instance:

"The connectivity libraries that are needed for local or remote non-JDBC operations were not found. To provide these libraries, you can install IBM Data Server Client or a local DB2 database server instance."

This is under 64-bit RHEL 6.3, running from the Gnome desktop. I would have thought this was a problem with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but my .bashrc is running /home/db2inst/sqllib/db2profile, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH looks like this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib64:/home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib32

All 3 of the following are in my PATH: /home/db2inst1/slqllib/bin, /home/db2inst1/sqllib/adm and /home/db2inst1/sqllib/misc

I've seen messages from others with the same problem under Windows that resolved it by including sqllib\bin in the PATH, but it looks like I've already got that covered.

Can anyone provide any guidance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dale
Updated on 2013-02-23T01:55:03Z at 2013-02-23T01:55:03Z by ledezma@us.ibm.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can't Create Database - Connectivity Libraries Not Found

‏2013-02-12T17:29:17Z  in response to DaleMorgan
    Hi Dale,

I've exactly the same problem.
    Have you got a solution yet?

Best regards,
    Andreas
    • ledezma@us.ibm.com
      ledezma@us.ibm.com
      23 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-13T23:30:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Dale,

I can try to help you solve your problem although, admittedly, I am a little surprised by the error message because the error is generally associated with a Windows setup. But let's give it a try.

Sometimes this problem happens when there is a 32-bit/64-bit mismatch.

Can you please confirm your setup?

You said it was Data Studio 3.1.1 admin client and 64-bit DB2 both on the same machine running RHEL? Is this correct?

I am curious about the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. What was the reason for setting it this way? Do you get the same error message if you don't set it?

Hi Andreas,

Is your set up the same as Dale's? If different, can you please describe it too?

I am especially curious to learn if Data Studio and DB2 are on the same machine, their versions, and if they are both installed either as 32-bit or 64-bit.

Thanks,

-Sal.
      • DaleMorgan
        DaleMorgan
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-14T00:57:08Z  in response to ledezma@us.ibm.com
        Hi Sal, I gave up and installed under Windows and everything's working fine there. But yes, it was 3.1.1 admin client and 64-bit DB2 on the same machine running RHEL.

I don't remember why LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set the way it was. I think I tried several variations without success, and I got the same error every time. How should it be set?

Thanks,
        Dale
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        1632 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-14T15:28:48Z  in response to ledezma@us.ibm.com
        Hi Sal,

yes - I've exactly the same environment than Dale (RHEL x86 64Bit, Data Studio 3.1.1 admin client, db2 V10.1 x86 64Bit).

Just let me add two additional things:

.) I can start/stop/create/delete DB2-instances and databases from the db2-console without any problem and ...

.) If I've started the db2-instance from the db2-console it's possible to connect/disconnect databases by the DataStudios 'Administration-Explorer'-perspective also. But it's NOT possible to start/stop the instance or to create/remove a new database. This results in the error-message described above ("The connectivity libraries that are needed for local or remote ... snip ")

Any ideas?

Best regards,
        Andreas
        • ledezma@us.ibm.com
          ledezma@us.ibm.com
          23 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-14T20:17:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi, thank you both for your response and for trying Data Studio.

@Dale

I don't believe setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is needed since it is usually used to substitute a different or non-standard library. I have reached out to colleagues to verify this and if I hear anything different I will post it here.

@Andreas

I'd like to request some more environmental info from your system and I have several options that you can try. Do you mind emailing me at ledezma at us dot ibm dot com to work through this?

This way we can work through the problem and once solved I will post the solution here so that others may benefit.

If this is ok, let's start with the following:

Can you please send me the DB2 fix pack level you are on? You can do this by issuing the command "db2level" on the CLP.

Also, are you using a standard port for SSH on your Linux machine?

Thanks,

-Sal.
          • ledezma@us.ibm.com
            ledezma@us.ibm.com
            23 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-23T01:55:03Z  in response to ledezma@us.ibm.com
            Hi,

I wanted to come back to this topic to provide some results.

After discussing more with Andreas offline, he was able to determine that ssh was not running on his system. The admin client attempts to communicate with DB2 using ssh when executing non-JDBC commands. Since it was not enabled, these commands were failing.

Once the ssh-daemon was enabled, Andreas was able to execute the commands successfully.

The error message is a little confusing, so I will open a defect in our internal bug tracking system to improve the message for these type of communication failures.

Regarding the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it looks like DB2 sets this during the DB2 install. Data Studio users should not have to modify this.

Thanks,

-Sal.
  • Vitaly0923
    Vitaly0923
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-10-21T10:10:27Z  in response to DaleMorgan

Hi all. When i create a database "the connectivity libraries that are needed for local or remote non-jdbc operations were not found".All libriares as needed is already installed.Also IMB data client studio and db2 database server instance are installed.My system 64 bit centos 6.5.