Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-24T07:08:05Z by momasa
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic Statistics for Multiprotocol Gateway

‏2013-01-18T20:57:29Z |
Is there a way to have DataPower gather transaction statistics for Multi-protocol Gateways? I have enabled Statistics and I see times for my WebService Gateway, but I also have a Multi-protocol Gateway which is getting traffic and is listed in the table (on the Transaction Times screen), but with all zeros.

On the Transaction Rate screen, both my WSGW and MPGW are listed with all zeros.

Is there something I need to configure to populate these statistics?

Thanks.
Updated on 2013-01-24T07:08:05Z at 2013-01-24T07:08:05Z by momasa
  • swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

Re: Statistics for Multiprotocol Gateway

‏2013-01-22T15:48:06Z  
    What type of load is your service receiving? I believe these metrics are averages over some time period, so the zeros may be indicative of a low rate where the value may be 0.x but is being displayed as 0.

Regards,
    Steve
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2013-01-22T19:25:29Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-01-22T15:48:06Z
    What type of load is your service receiving? I believe these metrics are averages over some time period, so the zeros may be indicative of a low rate where the value may be 0.x but is being displayed as 0.

Regards,
    Steve
    I don't think that matters. Averages are based on counts and I can run a single request through my WSGW and get values for transaction times. Never for my MPGW though.
  • swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

‏2013-01-22T21:47:48Z  
    I don't think that matters. Averages are based on counts and I can run a single request through my WSGW and get values for transaction times. Never for my MPGW though.
    This sounds like a familiar issue. What firmware version are you running? If you are relatively up to date and have checked the apar list for your version http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21237631 ... click on your release on this page and then on the fix pack link on the next page and review what fixes have been done after your release .... if an upgrade doesn't appear to help, I'd open a PMR.

Regards,
    Steve
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2013-01-23T15:11:13Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-01-22T21:47:48Z
    This sounds like a familiar issue. What firmware version are you running? If you are relatively up to date and have checked the apar list for your version http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21237631 ... click on your release on this page and then on the fix pack link on the next page and review what fixes have been done after your release .... if an upgrade doesn't appear to help, I'd open a PMR.

Regards,
    Steve
    Running 5.0.0 Build:214635. I don't see any fixes related to this, so I'll open a ticket.

Thanks.
  • momasa
    momasa
    35 Posts

‏2013-01-24T07:08:05Z  
    Running 5.0.0 Build:214635. I don't see any fixes related to this, so I'll open a ticket.

Thanks.
    Hello, I had the same question for wsp transaction rates/times opened in a pmr two years ago :-) (based on 4.0).

That was the answer:

"I would like to help a bit with this issue. You are correct at low transactional rates this devices feature would appear broken. The trick is that the algorithm takes very large data rates and volumes to work and begin to show values. The approximate example I can give is for 1 day rates to be just over 0 you would need to consistently sustain well over 90k transactions. I can only give you a rough idea of the transaction rate algorithm, this is just an example."

I didn't understood this, too and argued as you, if I only process one request, I would like to see a "1" in the transaction rates table. And the previous documentation let you think so.

Result was "works as designed" and the info center documentation was updated to explain the magic algorithm above. I also opened an enhancement request. Good time to check its status :-)

Greetings Uli