4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T19:54:11Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Giving view rights to user

‏2013-01-18T20:32:44Z |
Hi.......
Maybe I am missing something very obvious here but I was wondering if there is a way for a "Submitter" to view the task after it is no longer in his inbox?

I have attached my process. I want a Submitter to view the task when "Manager" or "IT" is working on it without creating another task for the instance.

I am very new to "BPM" so any help is greatly appreciated!^^
Updated on 2013-01-21T19:54:11Z at 2013-01-21T19:54:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Giving view rights to user

‏2013-01-20T15:32:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi skazemi,

I do not know if this is what you really want, but for users of the participant group "Submitter" visualize where and with whom the instances are created, they should go in historical instances of the portal (which you are using BPM? 7.5.1 or 8?)

Version 8:
      -> My tasks - Completed tasks

Version 7.5.1:
      -> My tasks - History
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7615 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T17:48:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Diego,

Thank you for your help! I am using BPM v8.0. Going through "Completed Tasks" gives me the list of instances I worked on and clicking on each instance shows me the current step of my instance and which steps it went through.

My interest is to see the information and input data on that instance in each step. I want to be able to click on that instance and see what information has been changed or added to it without creating a task from it.

like always, any help is greatly appreciated!^^

Samira
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T19:28:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I don't believe there is a way to do that today, although you might be able to create a stand alone service that would execute the search and then, if the data is shared (either SOR or perhaps via a shared object in 8.0) you could create a coach that would show the user the current values. The thing is that you would need to create a custom one of these for each process, and perhaps for each step in the process depending on the complexity of your data, which is why there isn't one OOTB today.

Additionally some customers have strong rules about viewing the data. Sure when asking for a phone for your desk you don't mind the user seeing all of the data, but if there is, for example, a process to report inappropriate actions by a manager to HR, you might not want the reporter seeing HR's internal investigation into the problem.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          7615 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T19:54:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response. I agree in some cases you don't want the user to see the information on the instance but there are lots of other cases which we need to have a view rights on what we submit.

Thanks again!^^ now I know there is not a built-in solution for this.

Samira