Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-18T16:31:39Z by Matt-FNIS
Matt-FNIS
Matt-FNIS
43 Posts

Pinned topic arg1_parameters variable not auto-generated by Web Service Call builder

‏2013-01-18T16:08:33Z |
I check the AutoCreate Input Vars checkbox in the Request Parameters section of this builder. The wsdl for the web service is attached. When I attempt to reference the arg1_parameters variable supposedly generated by the builder (in an Action List builder), it does not appear in the reference chooser. I am using WEF 7.0.1.2.
Updated on 2013-01-18T16:31:39Z at 2013-01-18T16:31:39Z by Matt-FNIS
  • mburati
    mburati
    2560 Posts

Re: arg1_parameters variable not auto-generated by Web Service Call builder

‏2013-01-18T16:27:15Z  
    The variable is typically named with the builder call name plus arg1_parameters (eg, so for a WS builder call named "ws" it would be something like ws_arg1_parameters).

The variable picker tends to hide variables that are less often used by developers, and since providers and consumers leveraging page automation do a lot of the wiring of service operation inputs/outputs for you, web service inputs are hidden by default. In the Variable Picker there's a "Show More" button at the top - try clicking that to see if the variable then shows up.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • Matt-FNIS
    Matt-FNIS
    43 Posts

Re: arg1_parameters variable not auto-generated by Web Service Call builder

‏2013-01-18T16:31:39Z  
    Yep, the variable appears after I click the Show More button. Thanks for the tip.