Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T09:44:33Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9111 Posts

Pinned topic x3650 M4 Ctrl+H option not available after firmware update.

‏2013-01-18T15:52:53Z |
Hi everyone,

we have a x3650 M5 with a temporary Windows 2008 R2 Server. After a lot of effort we managed to upgrade the firmware, the upgrades included IMM, HDD and ServerRAID. After the installation of the firmware upgrades we wanted to reconfigure the RAID on our system, to our surprise after rebooting the system the Ctrl+H option to enter the WebBIOS Configuration Utility was not available anymore, the system boots directly into Windows. So now we are left with a few questions:

• Did we do something wrong during the update or is this the normal behaviour?
  • Is the WebBIOS Configuration Utility still there?
  • Is there another way to access WebBIOS Configuration Utility?
  • Is there another way to configure our RAID (to RAID 6, by the way)?

I know a lot of questions, any help will be really really appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.
Updated on 2013-01-22T09:44:33Z at 2013-01-22T09:44:33Z by SystemAdmin
  • Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    6877 Posts

Re: x3650 M4 Ctrl+H option not available after firmware update.

‏2013-01-18T17:35:32Z  
    Dear Kevin,

it means UEFI mode enabled, but Ctrl+H in Legacy mode used only. There are 2 options, ether use uEFI F1 System Configuration Utility for configuring RAID, or enable back Legacy mode by adding "Legacy Only" at boot order on the 1st step.

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Russia, Moscow
  • DaveQ
    DaveQ
    132 Posts

‏2013-01-18T19:14:36Z  
    Hi,

In addition to what Alexander said, if you have a working Windows installation you should also install the MegaRAID Storage Manager application to manage your array controller via the OS. It is normal behavior to skip the legacy BIOS menus of adapter cards if a UEFI-aware OS is installed.

MegaRAID Storage Management (MSM) Application v12.05.03.00
    http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-5077712
    You may also use the UpdateXpress Installer to perform future driver/firmware upgrades from within the OS as well (or manually download the packages from the FixCentral page for your system type).

UpdateXpress
    http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=serv-xpress
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9111 Posts

‏2013-01-22T09:44:33Z  
    Hi guys,

thank you very much for your quick reply. I haven't had the chance to try it yet (we have other issues going on), but I will as soon as I have a moment, and I'm sure it will work.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
    Marian.