Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-18T17:56:11Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic DatePower VE for your workstation_ ER 30261_pls vote

‏2013-01-18T15:18:46Z |
All the developers will be able to run virtual instance of DataPower locally ...this would be awesome
Please vote
and feel free to pass it along ... IBM will get it for us if they see the demand for this

Here is the link to ER request:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=30261

ID: 30261

Thanks!
Salla
Updated on 2014-03-25T02:41:46Z at 2014-03-25T02:41:46Z by iron-man
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1569 Posts

Re: DatePower VE for your workstation_ ER 30261_pls vote

‏2013-01-18T16:14:50Z  
    Salla,
    I'm confused, IBM shipped a virtual edition of XG45 and XI52 late last year.

And I've been running 'em both in my VMWare Workstation happily ever since. Yeah, it's not supported on workstation, but either spring for a copy of ESX or run it unsupported.

Ken
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2013-01-18T16:21:41Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2013-01-18T16:14:50Z
    Salla,

And I've been running 'em both in my VMWare Workstation happily ever since. Yeah, it's not supported on workstation, but either spring for a copy of ESX or run it unsupported.

Ken
    1) Vow Ken.
    "I've been running 'em both in my VMWare Workstation happily ever since"
    -- Is this true
    Can you share some more details any URL or PDF to get this/

2) This would be a great thing if we can get it run on local workstations...I'd vote for it million time :) if it is allowed

Thanks!
    Salla
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2013-01-18T16:26:24Z  
    1) Vow Ken.
    "I've been running 'em both in my VMWare Workstation happily ever since"
    -- Is this true
    Can you share some more details any URL or PDF to get this/

2) This would be a great thing if we can get it run on local workstations...I'd vote for it million time :) if it is allowed

Thanks!
    Salla
    For # 1
    any specific licenses or it ships by default ?
    or is it irrelevant question :P

Thanks!
    Salla
  • alanholc
    alanholc
    45 Posts

‏2013-01-18T16:50:09Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2013-01-18T16:14:50Z
    Salla,

Ken
    I saw the release alert last year when it was made available.
    Can you give any info as far as the licensing involved?

My wish was that they would release a software version for Linux - primarily for testing or proof-of-concept installations...

(VMWare would not have been my first choice for such a thing... probably not even in a list of choices for that matter... but I digress...)
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1569 Posts

‏2013-01-18T17:20:38Z  
    • alanholc
    • ‏2013-01-18T16:50:09Z
    I saw the release alert last year when it was made available.
    Can you give any info as far as the licensing involved?

My wish was that they would release a software version for Linux - primarily for testing or proof-of-concept installations...

(VMWare would not have been my first choice for such a thing... probably not even in a list of choices for that matter... but I digress...)
    Salla,
    It's licensed just like the hardware, you have to buy licenses, and as I understand it, it's not much less expensive than the hardware version. It only runs on VMWare - only supported on ESX, but like I said, it works fine on my Linux-hosted VM workstation. Right at the moment I'm running a virtual XG45, a virtual XI52, a base Linux VM with MQ etc., and all of 'em talk to each other just fine.

See http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=OC&subtype=NA&htmlfid=897/ENUS5725-J91&appname=System%20Storage

The downside here is that now I can be writing DP stuff on the plane :-)

Ken
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2013-01-18T17:56:11Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2013-01-18T17:20:38Z
    Salla,
    It's licensed just like the hardware, you have to buy licenses, and as I understand it, it's not much less expensive than the hardware version. It only runs on VMWare - only supported on ESX, but like I said, it works fine on my Linux-hosted VM workstation. Right at the moment I'm running a virtual XG45, a virtual XI52, a base Linux VM with MQ etc., and all of 'em talk to each other just fine.

See http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=OC&subtype=NA&htmlfid=897/ENUS5725-J91&appname=System%20Storage

The downside here is that now I can be writing DP stuff on the plane :-)

Ken
    Awesome.

Thanks ken!

Regards,
    Salla