Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-31T14:56:18Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
483 Posts

Pinned topic Disk is full on the collector

‏2013-01-18T12:19:58Z |
Hi! The disk space is full on the collector because of the weekly reports TO-DO (table - REPORT_RESULT_DATA_ROW = 87%). I found a link to perform cleanup with the command: support clean DAM_data audit_results <start_date> <end_date>.
What other way can clear this table? If someone has already used this command, what consequences can I expect?
Updated on 2013-01-31T14:56:18Z at 2013-01-31T14:56:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

Re: Disk is full on the collector

‏2013-01-21T14:31:17Z  
    Hi, the faster way is log PMR with Severity 1 and IBM support will clean up for you via Webex. This is the faster way. By performing the command you mentioned, the consequence is it might corrupt the DB but it will take quite sometime subject to how much the data you have, it may take a day.
  • Tehseen
    Tehseen
    16 Posts

‏2013-01-23T16:50:44Z  
    hi , i have already faced this issue , there is a possibility this command " DAM_data audit_results <start_date> <end_date> " will not work , or it will take a long time and session to CLI will expire and it will not purge All data . best solution is to Open PMR and ASAP , IBM Technical person will Clean all data from database .
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-01-24T06:57:43Z  
    • Tehseen
    • ‏2013-01-23T16:50:44Z
    hi , i have already faced this issue , there is a possibility this command " DAM_data audit_results <start_date> <end_date> " will not work , or it will take a long time and session to CLI will expire and it will not purge All data . best solution is to Open PMR and ASAP , IBM Technical person will Clean all data from database .
    Thanks for the help! I was hoping that can specify the storage age limit of these reports, for example through the CLI as one of the options.
  • rsubramani@us.ibm.com
    33 Posts

‏2013-01-24T18:56:40Z  
    Hi:

Support Clean DAM_Data will not corrupt the DB, though it can take long. However, if REPORT_RESULTS_DATA_ROW is 87% of the database size, you should check why that is so. If an audit report is not addressed (view or sign-off as the case may be,) then those reports will not get purged and over time can grow very large, as it appears to have happened in your case. Please check on the recipients of the reports and adjust them as necessary.

In this particular case, please open a PMR and have the support take a look and advise you on preventative measures.

Thanks,
    Ravi.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-01-25T09:39:08Z  
    Hi:

Support Clean DAM_Data will not corrupt the DB, though it can take long. However, if REPORT_RESULTS_DATA_ROW is 87% of the database size, you should check why that is so. If an audit report is not addressed (view or sign-off as the case may be,) then those reports will not get purged and over time can grow very large, as it appears to have happened in your case. Please check on the recipients of the reports and adjust them as necessary.

In this particular case, please open a PMR and have the support take a look and advise you on preventative measures.

Thanks,
    Ravi.
    At the moment I have no support. I removed reports from TO-DO list at this collector. All the reports I have reviewed and signed, but they still remained. I can not understand why I can`t delete these reports, they did not needed. Why is not possible? I expect that when you launch the "ad-hoc process run once", then this report is forever in the memory of Central Manager and remove it can only support staff.
  • rsubramani@us.ibm.com
    33 Posts

‏2013-01-29T12:12:03Z  
    At the moment I have no support. I removed reports from TO-DO list at this collector. All the reports I have reviewed and signed, but they still remained. I can not understand why I can`t delete these reports, they did not needed. Why is not possible? I expect that when you launch the "ad-hoc process run once", then this report is forever in the memory of Central Manager and remove it can only support staff.
    What version of Guardium are you on? V7?

Thanks,
    Ravi.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-01-29T12:40:24Z  
    What version of Guardium are you on? V7?

Thanks,
    Ravi.
    I use v8.2
  • ErhanDolak
    ErhanDolak
    9 Posts

‏2013-01-30T15:22:56Z  
    Good Day,
    I suggest to use
    support show db-top-tables all
    to check the top tables first.
    If you are sure that the result_row is the reason of a big data size.
    run
    support clean audit_task
    and first identify which tasks are returning more data, and then delete tasks that has less rows in it. And then delete the bigger sets.

In order to stop the logging before db gets %100 full, you may consider to toggle the related parameter to on if its off.
    with command :
    store auto_stop_services_when_full

Regards.

BLSMCM
  • rsubramani@us.ibm.com
    33 Posts

‏2013-01-31T13:41:01Z  
    I use v8.2
    Hi:

if you're on 8.2, can you explain why you do not have support?

All of the clean DAM_data commands themselves need some space to clean out - for tmp tables etc. So, it is important to find out why the table has grown this much and why it is not getting purged, particularly, since you say that you do not have outstanding audit process actions.

Thanks,
    Ravi.
  • rsubramani@us.ibm.com
    33 Posts

‏2013-01-31T13:46:36Z  
    I use v8.2
    Forgot to add that it is possible that the table itself is not really that big, but mysql table statistics are out of sync. Technical Support intervention is necessary to fix this issue (if this turns out to be the root of the problem.)

As I mentioned in my earlier post, please let me know why you do not have support, even though you are on version 8.2.

Thanks,
    Ravi.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    483 Posts

‏2013-01-31T14:56:18Z  
    Forgot to add that it is possible that the table itself is not really that big, but mysql table statistics are out of sync. Technical Support intervention is necessary to fix this issue (if this turns out to be the root of the problem.)

As I mentioned in my earlier post, please let me know why you do not have support, even though you are on version 8.2.

Thanks,
    Ravi.
    No support, because there was an error in the timing of support (resigned employee, who was responsible for it), it is now corrected. The collector overflowed, as I said above, because of a weekly report, which was produced and remained in collector and not sent by mail and FTP. Data older than 10 days are removed from the collector.