Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T11:08:48Z by edling
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic BPM 8 what is the chart language?

‏2013-01-18T11:08:21Z |
Hi, Having moved from tw 6.2 where we had charts in coaches using the 'Report from list pattern' technique. Now in BPM 8 the charts do not work correctly. When I look at the chart type service the CDL net charts code has changed dramatically.
Anyone know what language this has been converted to and if there is any documentation anywhere?

Thanks
Jason
Updated on 2013-01-21T11:08:48Z at 2013-01-21T11:08:48Z by edling
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: BPM 8 what is the chart language?

‏2013-01-18T16:54:57Z  
    Jason,
    This is an interesting question. My best understanding is that the reporting technology in v8 is still in somewhat of a degree of flux. The recording of data is still the same but the presentation of that data is still open. The solutions that I have heard are to use the Charting Coach Views (not supplied with the product but samples available on the BPM Wiki) to build your own Coaches to visualize the data.

I would say to avoid any CDL like functions as they are (opinion) no longer the strategic direction.

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-18T17:31:04Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-01-18T16:54:57Z
    Jason,
    This is an interesting question. My best understanding is that the reporting technology in v8 is still in somewhat of a degree of flux. The recording of data is still the same but the presentation of that data is still open. The solutions that I have heard are to use the Charting Coach Views (not supplied with the product but samples available on the BPM Wiki) to build your own Coaches to visualize the data.

I would say to avoid any CDL like functions as they are (opinion) no longer the strategic direction.

Neil
    Thanks Neil
    I've spent some time today looking into it and what has happened is when we migrated to BPM 8 our CDL script in the chart services has been re-written automatically. It now looks completely different.
    Looking into this it is now using IBM ILOG JViews Charts. I've tweaked it to almost get the charts working as they were but still not fixed the drill down yet.

I don't think we'll use this going forward but we need to get this fixed for the migrated processes for now.
    Not sure what charting we will use in future.

Jason
  • AnthonyBpm
    AnthonyBpm
    390 Posts

‏2013-01-18T19:13:32Z  
    Thanks Neil
    I've spent some time today looking into it and what has happened is when we migrated to BPM 8 our CDL script in the chart services has been re-written automatically. It now looks completely different.
    Looking into this it is now using IBM ILOG JViews Charts. I've tweaked it to almost get the charts working as they were but still not fixed the drill down yet.

I don't think we'll use this going forward but we need to get this fixed for the migrated processes for now.
    Not sure what charting we will use in future.

Jason
    Jason: check out this charting toolkit on the BPM Wiki, BPM8 Dojo Chart Toolkit. This sample makes use of Dojo Charting. You may not be aware, with your recent migration but Dojo is built into the BPM product now..
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-21T10:52:42Z  
    Jason: check out this charting toolkit on the BPM Wiki, BPM8 Dojo Chart Toolkit. This sample makes use of Dojo Charting. You may not be aware, with your recent migration but Dojo is built into the BPM product now..
    Great thanks.
  • edling
    edling
    261 Posts

‏2013-01-21T11:08:48Z  
    We have had Ge, who works for IBM Solutions, in our project. If I recall correctly there might be further development of this toolkit/framework going on right now. So, this is a good time to try it out and provide feedback.