Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T12:28:52Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7754 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Changing a data connection object

‏2013-01-17T16:12:15Z |
DataStage 8.5:

I have defined a data connection (I am not using associated parameter sets, I just enter the connection details in the connector properties directly) and use this in a Netezza Connector. The job runs fine.

I then modified the connection details in the data connection object, specifically the database name to point my job to a different database, recompile successfully, but when I run or validate the job I get the following error from the connector stage:

Internal error occured (CC_NZMetadataHelper::reconcileOutputLinkSchema, file CC_NZMetadataHelper.cpp, line 1.041)

Does anyone know what this means and why I'm getting the error?

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2013-01-22T12:28:52Z at 2013-01-22T12:28:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7754 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Changing a data connection object

‏2013-01-18T09:25:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Here's some additional information:

When I open the connector and make a trivial change to the SQL that is executed (e.g. adding some extra white space in the SELECT) save and compile, the job works again.

I have also looked at the OSH script generated after the change in the connector object and the recompilation and the XML where the database connection information is stored is the same (I'm referring to the <Connection> ... </Connection> XML segment).

The OSH script for the job version that does not work does have some additional XML though (as far as I can tell by doing a diff, this is the only difference) which is the following:

<Common>
    <Context type=\'int\'>1</Context>
    <Variant type=\'string\'>4.5</Variant>
    <DescriptorVersion type=\'string\'>1.0</DescriptorVersion>
    <PartitionType type=\'int\'>-1</PartitionType>
    <RCP type=\'int\'>1</RCP>
    </Common>

Can anyone provide some information that will help me understand this behavior, why I'm getting the error and whether datastage works as expected or if this is a bug?
    • WalkerDean
      WalkerDean
      28 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-18T17:09:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I think you need to start a support enquiry related to APAR JR42412 (v2).
      There were several fixes to Data Connection & Common Connector code at
      the beginning of the 8.5 release.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7754 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T12:28:52Z  in response to WalkerDean
        Thank you for the response. 8.5 Fix Pack 3 which includes APAR JR42412 has been applied to the environment where I experience this behavior. I guess I will have to take this up with support.